Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1717

Thread: NFL Superbowl LV: Brady, Buccaneers Champs!

  1. #281
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    39,313
    Damn, Georgia's going to have another great year I guess.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by AccFreak View Post
    247 just released a 1st round mock draft they've got Newman going 11th and Boogie 24th.
    Saw an article yesterday that listed Boogie as one of the top athletic freaks in CFB. More good pub for the program.

  3. #283
    Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opts out of the season.

  4. #284
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opts out of the season.
    Staying in Canada to continue being a doctor. MD and Super Bowl before turning 30. Dude has won life.

  5. #285

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Two ones is more compensation than I thought they'd get. And I'm guessing that this trade now makes it less likely that Seattle signs Clowney.

  7. #287
    Jamal Adams is a clown.


  8. #288
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    39,313
    Seahawks give up to firsts and a third for a fucking malcontent safety with a big mouth ?

  9. #289
    And they have to give him $texas

  10. #290
    Dortch was cut by the Rams on Saturday

  11. #291
    Vikings head trainer/chief infection control officer(?) tests positive. seems bad with training camp about to start.

  12. #292
    The clauses in the agreement about not being paid if it is found you were negligible for catching Covid-19 is a dagger to so many dumbass players. Good luck keeping them from attending any party with less than 15 people for 6 months.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Seahawks give up to firsts and a third for a fucking malcontent safety with a big mouth ?
    and gave up a decent safety as well

  14. #294
    Interesting, number of players opting out of the NFL season. A lot of them have new family, another point is if you have a large guarantee for the year and the season is cancelled you will lose out.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Interesting, number of players opting out of the NFL season. A lot of them have new family, another point is if you have a large guarantee for the year and the season is cancelled you will lose out.
    Also, if you opt out, your contract is tolled to the 2021 season, which means the player that opts out receives his 2020 salary in 2021 (subject to all contract terms and conditions - like the team cutting that player next year).

    So, far here are the opt-out players:

    Voluntary Opt-out

    Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

    Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

    Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

    Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

    Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

    New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran

    New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

    Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

    Higher Risk Opt-Out:

    Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

    Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

    Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

    Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

    Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

    New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran

    New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

    Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

    Unspecified Opt-out:

    Chicago Bears: DT Eddie Goldman

    Denver Broncos: DT Kyle Peko

    BTW, given MLB's experience with this process, the NFL and the NFLPA should agree to expand rosters now. If the NFL wants to plow through the season in the midst of the pandemic, they are going to needs lots of extra players.
    Last edited by Pilchard; 07-28-2020 at 04:58 PM.

  16. #296
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lion-extension

    Did the cap go up? How are defensive players getting so much money?

  17. #297
    Yes, the cap went up 10 million this year and was expected to grow something like 20 million for the next 5 years. Problem being corona and the 2021 cap has the potential now to actually decrease by 20 million.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Yes, the cap went up 10 million this year and was expected to grow something like 20 million for the next 5 years. Problem being corona and the 2021 cap has the potential now to actually decrease by 20 million.
    Didn't they agree to average out the cap for like a 4-5 year period so teams wouldn't have to trim rosters next year?

    I found it interesting that Joey Bosa got huge money as an edge rusher at a time when no one seems to want to pay Ngakoue or Clowney. I get that the Chargers have a cheap QB and a rookie QB, but an average of $27mil per is a ton for a guy who isn't the best at his position.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Didn't they agree to average out the cap for like a 4-5 year period so teams wouldn't have to trim rosters next year?

    I found it interesting that Joey Bosa got huge money as an edge rusher at a time when no one seems to want to pay Ngakoue or Clowney. I get that the Chargers have a cheap QB and a rookie QB, but an average of $27mil per is a ton for a guy who isn't the best at his position.
    One comment I heard about that is "Bossa is an every down problem for opposing offenses. Clowney is two highlight reel plays per game and not much else."

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    One comment I heard about that is "Bossa is an every down problem for opposing offenses. Clowney is two highlight reel plays per game and not much else."
    That and you can't trust he'll stay healthy with that knee, which is why no teams appear to want to give him a long contract. Still doesn't explain Ngakoue, though. He's been on the trading block for a while, but no team apparently wants to give up a pick and pay him $18 or so mil per. At this point, it looks like he'll play in Jax this year and go somewhere else next offseason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •