• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

That is stupid. Team was just learning how to win. They'll regress as they learn new playbooks and schemes. This is why some teams are perpetually bad. smh

They were in the playoffs 2 years ago when they were healthy. Last year, they were decimated by injuries. This year they were without their all-pro S all year and missed their 2 good edge rushers for periods. I really liked both McVay and Lynn on Hardknocks. Lynn certainly hadn't lost the team. Worst legit thing you could say about him is there was some poor clock management at the end of a few games, and the last 2 years they, like the Falcons, found interesting ways to lose games at the end. But they haven't fired Telesco, at least not yet. If they get the right coach and stay healthy, I think they'll be competitive again next year. This is probably the 2nd best opening to Jax. Good GM and you have your QB on a rookie contract. Their biggest issue in non-covid years is they have to play 16 road games. If Jax isn't interested in Bienemy, this might be the spot for him.

I don't watch any Chargers games, but according to everything I've read, Lynn had a fair claim to be the worst coach in the league in terms of management and decision-making. He's lucky he wasn't fired after running on 3rd-and-1 from the Atlanta 8-yard line with 22 seconds left in the half and no timeouts.

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski is COVID positive, along with two other coaches and two players. Their facility is shutdown; the Browns Special Teams Coach is now the acting HC. Poor Browns.

Last edited:
At least they don't have to gameplan much for the Steelers.

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski is COVID positive, along with two other coaches and two players. Their facility is shutdown; the Browns Special Teams Coach is now the acting HC. Poor Browns.

Can't the coach just quarantine up in a booth and call plays?

Can't the coach just quarantine up in a booth and call plays?

That was not allowed during the regular season. The Lions interim coach was infected and was not allowed to participate in team activities in either facility or at the stadium.

That was not allowed during the regular season. The Lions interim coach was infected and was not allowed to participate in team activities in either facility or at the stadium.

That's lame. They should make an exception for the playoffs.

Agreed. Seems like the rule was meant to be a deterrent rather than for safety.

I think it's meant both for safety and to be punitive. The league and clubs went to great expense to get the season in so everyone could get paid. So they established protocols and punished teams that broke protocols. If Stefanski has the rona, he shouldn't be out and about and at the stadium. (Sports leagues have set a pretty good example for the rest of us for the most part - too bad the rest of us didn't follow suit.) That said, I'm sure he'll have a lot of input on game prep via zoom meetings. And as a practical matter, I wouldn't be surprised if he maintains in game communications via a coach in the press box.

I think it's meant both for safety and to be punitive. The league and clubs went to great expense to get the season in so everyone could get paid. So they established protocols and punished teams that broke protocols. If Stefanski has the rona, he shouldn't be out and about and at the stadium. (Sports leagues have set a pretty good example for the rest of us for the most part - too bad the rest of us didn't follow suit.) That said, I'm sure he'll have a lot of input on game prep via zoom meetings. And as a practical matter, I wouldn't be surprised if he maintains in game communications via a coach in the press box.

Pretty sure that is prohibited as well.

FWIW, among the many Browns players currently out due to COVID protocols is WF's Kevin Johnson. Not clear if he will be allowed to return before the game. If all of the coaches and players that are currently in the protocol remain out, the Browns sideline is going to look like a HS team from a really small town:

20180922ppNorthgateFootball4SPTS-1-1537988769.jpg

They do don’t they?

Figures a Wake alum playing for the Browns would have bad luck before a playoff game.

They do don’t they?

Figures a Wake alum playing for the Browns would have bad luck before a playoff game.

Even if they do, how are you gonna catch the coach who goes out in the hall to take a call? And frankly, I don't think the league would throw a fit if they caught a coach doing that. I think they just want to make sure that any coach or player who is in covid protocol is not at the stadium.

Why would Urban Meyer pick the Jags as his NFL foray? is Trevor Lawrence on a rookie deal that attractive?

NFL 2020 Browns in playoffs. Washington the least worst of the NFC LEast.

Why would Urban Meyer pick the Jags as his NFL foray? is Trevor Lawrence on a rookie deal that attractive?

Jax is about 60-90 min from Gainesville depending on where you’re going. A QB on a rookie deal is one of the best positions to be in because it leaves a ton of cap room for the rest of the roster. They have a good second year RB on a cheap contract too.

No state income tax. Year round golf. A river. The beach. Built in fan base.

Highest cap space in the league. Huge number of draft picks, including #1 overall. Talented young core of players. Relatively low expectations. Less
Media pressure.

On paper Jacksonville is the best opening in the league right now.

No state income tax. Year round golf. A river. The beach. Built in fan base.

Highest cap space in the league. Huge number of draft picks, including #1 overall. Talented young core of players. Relatively low expectations. Less
Media pressure.

On paper Jacksonville is the best opening in the league right now.

NFL coaches have alot of free time to play Golf in the winter? A river? A fan base? Rest I'll give ya.

Back