• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

I feel like that puts us near the bottom of desirable coaching position. Wentz, one way or the other, will hurt us for a while cap-wise and hurt the new coach's ability to bring in his guys. We'll need someone willing to see what we have with Hurts for a few years, and while I'm fine with giving him a look it shouldn't have that much of an influence on our next hire. Best hope is to get someone who wants to turn Wentz around, and does so successfully.

Edit: Not seeing confirmation that this is finalized. Source?

Latest rumors have Josh McDaniels as the frontrunner for the Eagles job. Do not want.

I believe the NFL already reviews every turnover, do they not? They could add a check for targeting pretty easily. It's not like it's a common thing.

I can't blame the ref for missing that when his eye is likely focused on the ball and the goalline.

I agree , it’s hard to see in real time. But also agree it could be easily reviewed.

Two quarterbacks better than Bridgewater retired this week.

BREAKING NEWS: Phillips Rivers to retire from the NFL. He says “I can still throw it - I love to play, but that will always be there. Now I’m really looking forward to coaching a school football team composed of all 26 of my children.” He finishes his career 5th all time in passing yards and touchdown passes.

Yeah, I'm interested to see who the QB is in Indy and NO next year. I think Indy is okay for cap space and NO is not. I think Indy will end up with Ryan or Stafford, whichever of those 2 end up drafting a QB this year. And I'm guessing Jameis on the cheap with Hill in NO.

As for Rivers, yeah his numbers are gaudy, and he'll get in the HOF, but I wouldn't put either him or Eli in. To me, you need gaudy numbers plus being considered 1 of the top 3-4 players at your position for a period of time. Neither Rivers nor Eli were at anytime, and add to that, Rivers was never very good in the postseason.

Worst person in the NFL now that Rivers has retired?

Worst person in the NFL now that Rivers has retired?

What makes Rivers a worse person than Kareem Hunt and Joe Mixon, who were caught on film physically assaulting women, or Ben Roethlisberger and Jameis Winston, who have been accused of sexual assault?

What makes Rivers a worse person than Kareem Hunt and Joe Mixon, who were caught on film physically assaulting women, or Ben Roethlisberger and Jameis Winston, who have been accused of sexual assault?

let's not forget Tyreek Hill

Espinal: "He's terrified of you."

Hill: "You need to be terrified of me too, b****."
— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 25, 2019

I don't get the Rivers hate. Yeah, he talks shit like a clown while not cursing which makes him look like a hardass from a church youth group. He went to State, and throws the ball weird as hell. But those are literally the only knocks on him that I can think of. He had TERRIBLE luck in the playoffs in San Diego and this year with the Colts as well. When he loses he always shakes the other guy's hand and gives credit to the winning team. If you don't think that 5th all-time in passing yards and touchdowns doesn't warrant a HOF nod then you're crazy.

he sucks in more of a donk/asshole way. different from the Big Bens, Mixons, Hunts, of the world.

I don't get the Rivers hate. Yeah, he talks shit like a clown while not cursing which makes him look like a hardass from a church youth group. He went to State, and throws the ball weird as hell. But those are literally the only knocks on him that I can think of. He had TERRIBLE luck in the playoffs in San Diego and this year with the Colts as well. When he loses he always shakes the other guy's hand and gives credit to the winning team. If you don't think that 5th all-time in passing yards and touchdowns doesn't warrant a HOF nod then you're crazy.

I'm with you -- always kind of liked the guy.

no HOF. It is decided.

philip_rivers.0.jpg

Back