• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

While he hasn't officially cleared concussion protocol, Mahomes practiced today and took all of the 1st team snaps for the Chiefs.

Rivers is defs a HOFer, as is Eli, but neither even made second-team All Pro in their career

would estimate they weren't even in the top 5 in the league many years by whatever subjective criteria you want to use

The Rivers debate is kind of like the Don Sutton debate in baseball. How do you value successful longevity versus total dominance of the sport? Playing every (or almost every) game for 17 years at a high level, even if its not the highest level, is a rare skill.

Rivers has a career passer rating of 95.2 (just a point less than Peyton), which is impressive over a 17 year career, and higher than Ben, Warner, Montana, Marino, Favre, and a shitload ahead of Eli, Aikman, Fouts, and Elway. 5th all time in yards. Easy HOF'er.

No question. He went to a new team and led them to the playoffs in his last year to cap it off. He’s been a top 10 QB his whole career. No question HOF.

Golden Age of quarterbacks coinciding with a generation of NFL rule changes that protects QBs and WRs. Rivers could have dominated another era where he wasn’t competing with Brady, Brees, Wilson, Big Ben & the Manning’s.

Yet the two best QBs of the generation behind them (Luck and Cam) suffered injuries and never really recovered.

No question. He went to a new team and led them to the playoffs in his last year to cap it off. He’s been a top 10 QB his whole career. No question HOF.

You put a better QB on that team, and they might still be playing. Neither Rivers nor Brees, as much as I've liked Brees, have had the necessary arm strength to play the position the last 2 years. As much as I've hated Brady over the years, he still has a pretty good arm.

Yeah. Rivers’ last Hail Mary was barely 45 yards or so in the air. Hard not to compare it to the 60 yard bombs Fields dropped against Clemson.

Haskins signs with the Steelers.

Haskins signs with the Steelers.

As a Ravens fan, I'm fine with this. That said, if anyone is going to get through to him, it's Tomlin. And if Haskins' work ethic doesn't improve, Tomlin will be all over him.

It’s a futures/reserves contract so it’s basically nothing.

Perhaps, the least surprising news of the week, Mahomes has been cleared to play...

Looks like Eagles are hiring Nick Sirianni, currently Colts Offensive Coordinator, as their new head coach. He has very little play calling experience. Frank Reich calls plays in Indy.

Questions that will have interesting answers:

Who does he fill the OC job with, and does that person call plays?

Does he try to "fix" Carson Wentz or does he try to make Jalen Hurt into a franchise quarterback?
It was only a few years ago that Wentz was the Eagle's "franchise quarterback for the next decade."

Does Duce Staley stay as an assistant coach under yet another head coach? Staley should be on track to be a head coach, but he probably needs a gig as an OC, preferably with play calling duties to get there.

Looks like Eagles are hiring Nick Sirianni, currently Colts Offensive Coordinator, as their new head coach. He has very little play calling experience. Frank Reich calls plays in Indy.

Questions that will have interesting answers:

Who does he fill the OC job with, and does that person call plays?

Does he try to "fix" Carson Wentz or does he try to make Jalen Hurt into a franchise quarterback?
It was only a few years ago that Wentz was the Eagle's "franchise quarterback for the next decade."

Does Duce Staley stay as an assistant coach under yet another head coach? Staley should be on track to be a head coach, but he probably needs a gig as an OC, preferably with play calling duties to get there.

Based on the connection with Reich (whom Wentz did well under), I think he spends at least a year or two trying to fix Wentz. If it doesn't work, either he or the next guy can bring in his own QB. Hopefully the cap situation would improve under those circumstances.

Bit of a dark horse hire, but I'd take him over McDaniels. We probably could have waited on him, which makes the timing a bit of a surprise because there are candidates currently in the playoffs (Eric Bieniemy, Brian Daboll) that I would have liked to take a look at.

Dark horse > dark skin this hiring cycle. Hiring Sirianni negates the most common reasons we hear for not hiring Bieniemy.

For years, the knock on hiring Black assistants as head coaches was lack of experience. Of course, they lacked experience because teams wouldn't hire them. Now we have a guy like Bieniemy who is 51, prime age for a new head coach, who entered the NFL as a player 30 years ago and has stayed there ever since aside from a few years coaching college. And of course, teams are highing young white guys with far less experience.

I think the Sirianni hire is solely Wentz related and means they're keeping Wentz. Bienemy is better off not being HC in Philly. There were 3 good jobs this cycle - NYJ, LAC and Jax. Det might be okay if they finally got a GM that could draft - they haven't had 1 of those for 20-30 years. Even then, Campbell sounds like a loose cannon wanting to bite players' kneecaps off. Same old Det. Atl has 2 aging vets, tons of holes and negative cap space. Philly has issues everywhere, is aging and no cap space. Hou is the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL. If Bienemy gets offered there, he should decline. It is strange, though, that there were 7 openings, and neither of the 2 guys getting the most pub, Bienemy and Daboll, weren't hired. Frazier also did an impressive job wiping his ass with Greg Roman last Saturday to warrant some interest, though maybe that was too late in the process. Really, the only hire that impressed me is Saleh. The combination of him and Douglas should be good and welcome news for what had been a bad organization for a long time.

Bieniemy was RB coach when Pederson was OC with Kansas City; he then was behind Nagy before he went to the Bears

would be very happy with him on the Bears if Nagy is gone next year, but I imagine there may be some hesitation to go back to the same well -- perhaps similar thinking for the Eagles after Pederson flamed out

Bieniemy was RB coach when Pederson was OC with Kansas City; he then was behind Nagy before he went to the Bears

would be very happy with him on the Bears if Nagy is gone next year, but I imagine there may be some hesitation to go back to the same well -- perhaps similar thinking for the Eagles after Pederson flamed out

Sorry for you as a Bears fan. Yeah, both Pace and Nagy should be gone next year. 70 years is a long time to go without a QB. I get being hesitant on a Big 12 QB prior to Mahomes. But Watson had lit up Bama's D twice in a row. That was so obviously the pick.

Back