• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

I'd say that Mahomes is the GOAT already. He does things so easily that no one else even tries.

He definitely gets credit for making something out of nothing on that last drive.

Twice, at least.

Tyreke Hill is insanely good.

That wasn’t PI. I’ve got no dog in this fight. But that was a horrible call that decided the game instead of the players.

Yes, it was a bad call given how they had officiated the game to that point, and it impacted the outcome, but Brady basically handed that game to the Packers and they couldn't pull it out. Pettine with the horrid defensive call at the end of the half, and LaFleur with the bonehead decision not to go for it were inexcusable. I hate sports.

This Chiefs team is the perfect example of why the National Communist Football League's hard cap is unfair to the players, management and especially the fans. These guys love playing in KC and management has put together a great team. In a year or so, a lot of players are going to forced to leave. These players seem to love playing together, but are going to be punished. The management's excellence is being thrown out the window to protect the incompetence of other teams.

Worst of all, the fans are being screwed royally. They have spent their hard earned money supporting the team and would love to continue to do so, but the un-American hard cap will fuck the fans.

This Chiefs team is the perfect example of why the National Communist Football League's hard cap is unfair to the players, management and especially the fans. These guys love playing in KC and management has put together a great team. In a year or so, a lot of players are going to forced to leave. These players seem to love playing together, but are going to be punished. The management's excellence is being thrown out the window to protect the incompetence of other teams.

Worst of all, the fans are being screwed royally. They have spent their hard earned money supporting the team and would love to continue to do so, but the un-American hard cap will fuck the fans.

I agree with you about the salary cap being BS but these guys could all choose to stay for lesser contracts if they value the camaraderie and chances of making a once in a generation type dynasty over more guaranteed money.

Usually agree with you rj, but this is exactly why the NFL is significantly better than the NBA or MLB.

Usually agree with you rj, but this is exactly why the NFL is significantly better than the NBA or MLB.

Yeah. The Chiefs have devoted big contracts to the players they want to commit to long term. Other Super Bowl players will be able to get a big payday elsewhere and hopefully make those teams more competitive to increase the parity in the league overall. I don't see a problem with this.

I agree with you about the salary cap being BS but these guys could all choose to stay for lesser contracts if they value the camaraderie and chances of making a once in a generation type dynasty over more guaranteed money.

Why should anyone have to give away millions of dollars to enrich an owner?

The NFL is the only pro league that penalizes excellence and promotes mediocrity. That doesn't make you better. It makes the owners richer, the players poorer and screws the fans.

The people who create the revenue should get the money. No one would pay $5M for a Super Bowl ad in a game of the Hunt family vs. the Glazers.

Last edited:
Don't know what Romo's on about regarding going for 1. Buffalo has to go for 2 at some point, so you may as well do it now to find out what you can/can't do.

The existence of the Patriots kills your argument from jump street. Some semblance of parity is the best thing for fans. I have zero interest in Jerry Jones buying championships. There's a reason it's the most popular sport in the U.S.

Seems like your issue is with the size of the cap, not a hard cap, rj.

Don't know what Romo's on about regarding going for 1. Buffalo has to go for 2 at some point, so you may as well do it now to find out what you can/can't do.

Color commentators never understand this.

The existence of the Patriots kills your argument from jump street. Some semblance of parity is the best thing for fans. I have zero interest in Jerry Jones buying championships. There's a reason it's the most popular sport in the U.S.

They were VERY lucky. How many other wives of NFL QBs make double what their hubby makes (and is worth $400M)?

You are usually for the worker. Not here. :)

By the way, Jerry Jones would screw up player decisions even if he could pay whatever he wants.

I'll never choose mediocrity over excellence.

Meanwhile, if you were born on this date 25 years ago (or since then), you have witnessed Tom Brady play in (and win) the NFC Championship with more frequency than the Dallas Cowboys.

Re the Packers decision to kick the FG, I think this is how the analytics treat that scenario...
Go for it on 4th and goal from the 8 has, say, 30% odds of scoring a TD. Even after you do that, you still have to make the 2 pt conversion (50%?) and stop the Bucs from getting even a FG (60%?) just to get to OT (50%).

Compare that scenario to Kick the chip shot FG (98%), stop bucs from getting 2 or more first downs (50%?), TD drive with no 2 pt conversion necessary (50%?).

If your defense has to get a stop either way, would you rather have 2 must convert plays just to give you a 50% chance to win vs Aaron Rodgers to lead a td drive for a 100% chance to win?

Still hard to argue with the common sense logic of... you know you’re going to need a TD at some point and you’re on the 8, so now is the time to push all your chips in.

Back