• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Instead of Goodell announcing the names, they should have the players announce themselves. Record their intros and just have Trey Wingo or whoever say, "With the 43rd pick, the Chicago Bears select" and then just have the player say it SNF style. I feel kinda bad for these guys getting their name mangled by the Commish.

Then the player should tell us how his dad died.

Then the player should tell us how his dad died.

Did they think if the draft was a happy time they’d catch flack for it during the pandemic? I turned it for one minute and it was the panthers pick and it’s an immediate story about 2 people drowning and had to shut it off

Did they think if the draft was a happy time they’d catch flack for it during the pandemic? I turned it for one minute and it was the panthers pick and it’s an immediate story about 2 people drowning and had to shut it off

Apparently not enough players' family members died, they just honored a fallen soldier who was a Raiders fan.

LOL Kirk. "I'm surprised Jake Fromm hasn't been picked yet. He's a Chase Daniel type guy."

Nobody's looking for a Chase Daniel in the 3rd round. And even if they were, Chase Daniel didn't even get drafted.

Hardly any small schools having players drafted - there was Lenoir-Ryne, however. I think the lack of exposure is making clubs pick exclusively from the SEC - esp LSU and Alabama.

Just a guy from Charlotte as well. Panthers drafted from S. Illinois. The lack of pro days is a big deal.

Tanner Muse just got drafted. He was a star at Clemson, but he had a late round draft grade last time I looked.

How much was did the league and programs coordinate scouting compared to individual teams? It's easy to make sure someone shows up to a pro day and meets players from other local programs. It's another thing to make sure you get on Zoom with guys from FCS or D-II schools.

Kind of annoyed that experts don't get why Eason and Fromm are still available. Everybody's got their QBs. The #1 picks in the 2011 and 2015 drafts are free agents and just hanging out there. Andy Dalton is available for cheap. If you have needs, why would you draft a QB in the 3rd round. Five QBs were taken and the 4th and 5th were controversial picks.

Last edited:
So I guess this means there are some great mid to late round picks from small schools to be had. I bet we'll look back at a team that really made out like the 1974 Steelers did.

Last edited:
So I guess this means there are some great mid to late round picks from small schools to be had. I bet we'll look back at a team that really made out like the 1974 Steelers did.

Yeah. Good news for teams like the Panthers who have a lot of holes that could be filled by quality late round picks and UFAs.

I'm sad that our "Drunk Uncle Roger in his favorite chair" time is almost certainly over. Watching him recline more & more last night was hilarious.

Just a guy from Charlotte as well. Panthers drafted from S. Illinois. The lack of pro days is a big deal.

Tanner Muse just got drafted. He was a star at Clemson, but he had a late round draft grade last time I looked.

How much was did the league and programs coordinate scouting compared to individual teams? It's easy to make sure someone shows up to a pro day and meets players from other local programs. It's another thing to make sure you get on Zoom with guys from FCS or D-II schools.

Kind of annoyed that experts don't get why Eason and Fromm are still available. Everybody's got their QBs. The #1 picks in the 2011 and 2015 drafts are free agents and just hanging out there. Andy Dalton is available for cheap. If you have needs, why would you draft a QB in the 3rd round. Five QBs were taken and the 4th and 5th were controversial picks.

re: Muse, I think his 40 time at the combine really boosted him -- second fastest safety to run, I believe

re: QBs, I think the thinking is that a team like Indianapolis who has a short-term veteran solution should be picking for the future without having to start them right away -- not an apples to applies comparison with Dalton et al

Charlotte and App State both have two players selected before anybody is taken from a Big Four school. Interesting.

Edit: Never mind missed that the OT from UNC got selected right before the OT from Charlotte.

Bassey and Herron are the two Deacs likely going today, right?

Last edited:
LOL at Fromm. Newman's going to get taken higher next year.

Back