• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

I wagered bigly on KC as soon as the line came out last night post-Browns/Steelers.

Watson to Philly for Wentz or Hurt plus picks, and the other elsewhere for picks?

Watson to Philly for Wentz or Hurt plus picks, and the other elsewhere for picks?

The Eagles would need to give Wentz plus like 5 1st and that assumes the Texans even want him.

Philly doesn't have the draft capital. The 2 teams with sufficient draft capital are Miami and NYJ.

The way to do things is to get a QB like Watson on a rookie contract, resigned contract, or a free agent contract. The way not to do things is miss the rookie window where the quarterback is cheap, have a massive expensive contract, and give up a shit ton of draft capital to acquire a quarterback.

You also don’t want to get a QB like Watson on a rookie deal, resign him to what should be a good deal going forward, then make horrific trades.

The way to do things is to get a QB like Watson on a rookie contract, resigned contract, or a free agent contract. The way not to do things is miss the rookie window where the quarterback is cheap, have a massive expensive contract, and give up a shit ton of draft capital to acquire a quarterback.

Eagles won their Superbowl while Wentz was on his rookie deal. One example. The available $20 million or so in cap space got them a lot of good defensive guys.

Trading for Watson would only make sense for a small number teams who feel that a QB would open a championship window - so teams like SF, Indy, or Miami. It would be stupid for a bad team (ex. Carolina) to give up a ton of draft capital to get him. Would just be him going from one bad roster to another.

Eagles won their Superbowl while Wentz was on his rookie deal. One example. The available $20 million or so in cap space got them a lot of good defensive guys.

Same with Mahomes, Russ, Flacco, and Big Ben.

Trading for Watson would only make sense for a small number teams who feel that a QB would open a championship window - so teams like SF, Indy, or Miami. It would be stupid for a bad team (ex. Carolina) to give up a ton of draft capital to get him. Would just be him going from one bad roster to another.

Huh ? Imagine Watson and McCaffrey lining up next fall instead of Bridgewater and Davis.

Huh ? Imagine Watson and McCaffrey lining up next fall instead of Bridgewater and Davis.

We wouldn’t improve roster anywhere else because we’d give up draft picks to get him and the defense certainly isn’t good enough to contend right now. Then we probably wouldn’t have any first rounders for two or three more years after that to replace the other guys we’d lose during that time

Pffft. We can sign other free agents on defense and the defense is going to be better with Burns in year three and Chinn and Brown in year two. Only three of our losses were by more than a single score (TB, TB, NO).

I’m not saying it’s definitely the right move, but the Panthers would definitely benefit from it.

Meanwhile Ph wants the Panthers to draft some glorified running back who had a big day throwing the ball against Western Illinois in 2019.

We don't have the cap room to just sign a bunch of FAs. The path forward right now is to draft well to have a bunch of cheap talent.

Brady's career worst game against the Bucs week 9 getting dissected and analyzed with a microscope. The short answer is Brady needs time to throw. Either through better O-line play or scheme that has a bunch of runs, draw plays and screens to slow the rush.

Brady's career worst game against the Bucs week 9 getting dissected and analyzed with a microscope. The short answer is Brady needs time to throw. Either through better O-line play or scheme that has a bunch of runs, draw plays and screens to slow the rush.

TB's OL has improved down the stretch. I think this game is close. Hell, I think all 4 will be close.

I have zero worries if Goff starts this weekend, but if Wolford does then I'll be a little worried. Wolford didn't practice today so it may be unlikely that he will be able to play. That offense just looks more efficient and effective when he's back there opposed to Goff especially in sub 30 degree weather with pins in your thumb.

Urban Meyer hammering out his deal with the Jaguars.

I'd put the over/under on the length of Urban's tenure in Jacksonville at 2.5 years. The Jags are going to have lots of nice pieces, but skeptical about whether Urban's methods translate to today's NFL. You have to go back Meyer's early days at Utah and Bowling Green, where Meyer has coached in an environment his team wasn't more talented than almost every team on the schedule.

Back