• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

ESPN just called Mahomes a future hall of famer.

He's good, but he's only been in the league a few years. It's a bit too early to crown his ass.

I mean if you can't call Mahomes a future HOF then who can you really say will be HOF down the road?

Henry Ruggs wearing a bathrobe to the draft may be my favorite non-pick draft moment right behind "Who the hell is Mel Kiper"

I'm probably the only one that loves the move. Maybe trade Rodgers to NE and get some big time value in return? Maybe load up on some draft picks and snag Edelman or Hightower/Winovich. Let's make it happen.

Amazing that Roger Goodell makes $40 million a year. I guess the NFL is just an endless cash cow, and as commissioner, he hasn't completely ruined it; as a result, he is allocated a nice share of the profits, but Goodell comes off as a complete dimwit, unlikeable and insincere. Right place, right time, and the old carrot top got paid big time. Some people you know would be successful in whatever career path they chose. Roger seems the opposite. In any other career, he would just be another guy.

Instead, Goodell landed a job as an intern for the NFL, hung around the NFL office long enough to score soft promotions as the NFL exploded in popularity over the last 40 years, and with no other obvious candidates to succeed Paul Tagliabue, Roger the Redhead fell into perhaps the cushiest/lucrative job in sports.

He has the personality of a dinner roll. Just painful to watch him during the draft.

Amazing that Roger Goodell makes $40 million a year. I guess the NFL is just an endless cash cow, and as commissioner, he hasn't completely ruined it; as a result, he is allocated a nice share of the profits, but Goodell comes off as a complete dimwit, unlikeable and insincere. Right place, right time, and the old carrot top got paid big time. Some people you know would be successful in whatever career path they chose. Roger seems the opposite. In any other career, he would just be another guy.

Instead, Goodell landed a job as an intern for the NFL, hung around the NFL office long enough to score soft promotions as the NFL exploded in popularity over the last 40 years, and with no other obvious candidates to succeed Paul Tagliabue, Roger the Redhead fell into perhaps the cushiest/lucrative job in sports.

He has the personality of a dinner roll. Just painful to watch him during the draft.

His dad was a US Senator. I’m guessing that has a lot to do with Rog getting where he got

It also helps that his dad was a senator, it is what got him in the door and the reason he was kept around long enough to fall upwards. He also doesn't mind being the (Human) Shield.

I'm probably the only one that loves the move. Maybe trade Rodgers to NE and get some big time value in return? Maybe load up on some draft picks and snag Edelman or Hightower/Winovich. Let's make it happen.

I like it too, mainly because I"m not a fan of every half decent QB thinking they should play into their 40's, The game has gotten soft and boring if that's where we're headed. I get no pleasure out of watching noodle arm 40 somethings throwing 5 yard passes every down.

the best way to win in the NFL is hitting on high-ceiling QBs in the draft, which is obviously hard to do -- it's why I didn't hate the Trubisky pick (though I wanted Watson), but you also gotta cut your losses sooner than the Bears have

risky move that may fall flat, but not a bad strategy for the Packers

Godell gets paid big bucks to be the face of a soulless organization that does many outright unethical things

I'm sure the owners love him

Yeah, but they have other needs that weren't addressed. They haven't drafted a WR, TE, or RB in the first round in 18 years. 18 YEARS !!!!

Also Rodgers isnt going anywhere this year, and probably not next year either. So it really is about the distant future than any immediate now.

Back