• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Damn, Georgia's going to have another great year I guess.

247 just released a 1st round mock draft they've got Newman going 11th and Boogie 24th.

Saw an article yesterday that listed Boogie as one of the top athletic freaks in CFB. More good pub for the program.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opts out of the season.

Staying in Canada to continue being a doctor. MD and Super Bowl before turning 30. Dude has won life.

Jamal Adams is a clown.

Seahawks give up to firsts and a third for a fucking malcontent safety with a big mouth ?

Vikings head trainer/chief infection control officer(?) tests positive. seems bad with training camp about to start.

The clauses in the agreement about not being paid if it is found you were negligible for catching Covid-19 is a dagger to so many dumbass players. Good luck keeping them from attending any party with less than 15 people for 6 months.

Interesting, number of players opting out of the NFL season. A lot of them have new family, another point is if you have a large guarantee for the year and the season is cancelled you will lose out.

Interesting, number of players opting out of the NFL season. A lot of them have new family, another point is if you have a large guarantee for the year and the season is cancelled you will lose out.

Also, if you opt out, your contract is tolled to the 2021 season, which means the player that opts out receives his 2020 salary in 2021 (subject to all contract terms and conditions - like the team cutting that player next year).

So, far here are the opt-out players:

Voluntary Opt-out

Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran

New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

Higher Risk Opt-Out:

Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran

New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

Unspecified Opt-out:

Chicago Bears: DT Eddie Goldman

Denver Broncos: DT Kyle Peko

BTW, given MLB's experience with this process, the NFL and the NFLPA should agree to expand rosters now. If the NFL wants to plow through the season in the midst of the pandemic, they are going to needs lots of extra players.

Last edited:
Yes, the cap went up 10 million this year and was expected to grow something like 20 million for the next 5 years. Problem being corona and the 2021 cap has the potential now to actually decrease by 20 million.

Yes, the cap went up 10 million this year and was expected to grow something like 20 million for the next 5 years. Problem being corona and the 2021 cap has the potential now to actually decrease by 20 million.

Didn't they agree to average out the cap for like a 4-5 year period so teams wouldn't have to trim rosters next year?

I found it interesting that Joey Bosa got huge money as an edge rusher at a time when no one seems to want to pay Ngakoue or Clowney. I get that the Chargers have a cheap QB and a rookie QB, but an average of $27mil per is a ton for a guy who isn't the best at his position.

Didn't they agree to average out the cap for like a 4-5 year period so teams wouldn't have to trim rosters next year?

I found it interesting that Joey Bosa got huge money as an edge rusher at a time when no one seems to want to pay Ngakoue or Clowney. I get that the Chargers have a cheap QB and a rookie QB, but an average of $27mil per is a ton for a guy who isn't the best at his position.

One comment I heard about that is "Bossa is an every down problem for opposing offenses. Clowney is two highlight reel plays per game and not much else."

One comment I heard about that is "Bossa is an every down problem for opposing offenses. Clowney is two highlight reel plays per game and not much else."

That and you can't trust he'll stay healthy with that knee, which is why no teams appear to want to give him a long contract. Still doesn't explain Ngakoue, though. He's been on the trading block for a while, but no team apparently wants to give up a pick and pay him $18 or so mil per. At this point, it looks like he'll play in Jax this year and go somewhere else next offseason.

Back