• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Well this one is a little more problematic because they’re playing the Steelers on Thursday night.

Or not. I can see the league moving it to Sunday. Personally, I'd be willing to forfeit and take the week off to get healthier for the last 5 winnable games. Then we can spend the offseason debating whether the league has figured out Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson the same way the league figured out Greg Roman and Colin Kaepernick.

Or not. I can see the league moving it to Sunday. Personally, I'd be willing to forfeit and take the week off to get healthier for the last 5 winnable games. Then we can spend the offseason debating whether the league has figured out Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson the same way the league figured out Greg Roman and Colin Kaepernick.

The NFL wants the programming. This isn't about what makes sense for the Ravens or even player safety. The NFL is a "for profit" business. Ravens at Steelers on Thanksgiving night would generate a huge rating. NFL does not want to lose that.

yeah they went through the ordeal with the Titans and shuffled a bunch of games but miraculously no shufflings have happened since then. figure this will be played. all negative tests Thursday morning!

yeah they went through the ordeal with the Titans and shuffled a bunch of games but miraculously no shufflings have happened since then. figure this will be played. all negative tests Thursday morning!

Time to break out the Nick Saban playbook testing positive then testing negative 3x just in time for the UGA game.

The NFL wants the programming. This isn't about what makes sense for the Ravens or even player safety. The NFL is a "for profit" business. Ravens at Steelers on Thanksgiving night would generate a huge rating. NFL does not want to lose that.

I know. But that is going to depend upon the Ravens ability to play on Thursday. How many is multiple? And how many other players were in close contact with those multiple so that they have to quarantine as well? If it's only 3-5 in quarantine, then it's played Thu nite. But if it's those 3-5 plus another 15 who have to quarantine for 3 days, that game isn't playable Thu nite. If it has to be moved, maybe they move it to Mon at 5:30 or Tue at 8:00 so they don't lose revenue.

Mark Ingram and JK Dobbins test positive. But I'm sure, like, the entire rest of the offense and Titans D are fine.

*and other structural issues.

Best of luck to him.

I saw that in the news item. Gotta wonder what the other structural issues are - meniscus, lining issues, dislocated knee cap? I mean sports docs are so good these days, but you gotta wonder if he's going to be able to go by next August. They may want to invest in a better back-up than Finley. I was watching that game when it happened. Looked eerily similar to what happened to Ronnie Stanley.

Regardless of the history, that was the cleanest officiated game I've seen all season. ESPN's officiating expert only popped in like twice and only confirmed that the officials did a good job. Both plays I thought were close weren't really that close.

I thought the incomplete pass by Brady in the end zone was a fumble, but than that the officiating was fine.

I feel like that call used to be a fumble but they’ve gotten really technical about the hand moving forward in the last few years.

Ravens-Steelers moved to Sunday afternoon, time TBD.

Guess 6 days is enough to clear up any COVID

Ravens-Steelers moved to Sunday afternoon, time TBD.

Guess 6 days is enough to clear up any COVID

Both centers and Campbell also entered the protocol. The Ravens site didn't say whether they tested positive or they were around someone who did, though I'm guessing the latter. At least with the game Sunday at 1:00 on NBC, I can turn it to a different game once we start getting killed.

Why are the playoffs expanded? I get baseball doing it with a short regular season, but it makes no sense to needlessly prolong the NFL season.

The NFL was expanding to 14 teams anyway. 16 teams would be if there are games missed to be fair to teams that maybe would have made it if they played all their games. Neither plan would prolong the playoffs. Bye teams would play in the wild card round instead.

Just a reminder that Jim Caldwell was the winningest coach in modern Lions history. Caldwell went 11-5, 7-9, 9-7, and 9-7 with two playoff losses. Matt Patricia has gone 6-10, 3-13, and will be 4-7 in a few minutes.

The lions getting thanksgiving every year is one of my least favorite things in sports. Why are we subjected to their garbage every year.

Because their owner thought it was a good idea in 1934.

Sleepy day; might as well have some sleepy football. The excitement comes in the prime time game when you’re ready to wake back up and watch some division rivalry football between two SB contenders... ah, rats.

Back