• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Exciting game in the Dome last night. Aaron Rodgers hard count free play ended up being the difference, along wit the Packers fumble recovery.

Is Trubisky the biggest draft bust in history? I think the possible competition is JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. I'd say they were both worse than Trubisky, but they also were widely considered to be "can't miss" picks, while everyone agreed that Trubisky was a huge stretch where Chicago took him. Compounding it is that it's Chicago, not San Diego or Oakland, two franchises that no one really cares about.

Is Trubisky the biggest draft bust in history? I think the possible competition is JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. I'd say they were both worse than Trubisky, but they also were widely considered to be "can't miss" picks, while everyone agreed that Trubisky was a huge stretch where Chicago took him. Compounding it is that it's Chicago, not San Diego or Oakland, two franchises that no one really cares about.

Given that the Bears traded up to get Trubisky and picked him over Mahomes and Watson, probably the worst draft decision. Russell and Leaf would probably be bigger busts based on expectations.

Trubisky is trash and I'm glad he's gone (for now), but he's not Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell bad -- both those guys threw more picks than TDs

Trubisky has thrown 51 TDs and 29 picks, run for another 22 TDs

he made the Pro Bowl (by default) in 2018

he just never got better

NFL Year 2020 Week 3 Highlight game: KC and Baltimore.

Sure. That’s the distinction between a bad pick and a bust. Trubisky was a WTF move at the time. It’s hard to fault the Leaf and Russell picks. They just flamed our horribly.

Lamar Jackson, what a fraud. Every big game.

Yeah, I always thought the crowning of Jackson was premature (so is declaring him a fraud)

No running QB has had sustained success

Sure. That’s the distinction between a bad pick and a bust. Trubisky was a WTF move at the time. It’s hard to fault the Leaf and Russell picks. They just flamed our horribly.

That’s a dumb distinction that you just made up just now

NFL Year 2020 Week 3 Highlight game: KC and Baltimore.

Ok. I think there’s a distinction between a player who was expected to be good and wasn’t and didn’t have a career (bust) and a guy who was picked ahead of where he should have been but will stick around (bad pick).

Trubisky’s already been in the league longer than Russell was. He will probably have a long career in the league and probably be a starter again. Mariota and Winston are in the same boat and people don’t really label them busts. The issue with Trubisky is that he went ahead of much better QBs.

If you think that’s dumb, that’s fine.

This is still a game at 27-20 with most of the 4th to go...

I like how SVP put it. The game was "fake close."

Mahomes is fantastic. So likeable. So much fun to watch. It's a great time to be an NFL fan. Lots of old talent still hanging around at QB. So mid-career guys still doing their thing. Several young guys are making their mark.

Back