• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Good post. They could have started the season earlier and added two bye weeks.

NFL formalized schedule changes due to the Titans' outbreak:

- This week's Titans/Steelers game moved to October 25 (week 7)
- The week 7 Steelers/Ravens game moved to November 1 (week 8)
- Steelers and Titans are now on their bye week
- Ravens bye week moved from week 8 to week 7

There is another issue looming as two more Titans have tested positive today, and now, the week 5 matchup between the Bills and Titans is in jeopardy.

Last edited:
First game of week 4 was the proverbial "toilet bowl" with two winless teams. Broncos win. Jets lose. Yeah or nay? The Jets head coach last night will be the head coach for their next game?

First game of week 4 was the proverbial "toilet bowl" with two winless teams. Broncos win. Jets lose. Yeah or nay? The Jets head coach last night will be the head coach for their next game?

Gase should have been fired on the field after the game. I guess the #1 pick plus the picks from the Jamal Adams trade will be nice.

How long is Gase going to coast on being a hot young prospect? He had one good season and has sucked since.

I was talking about his first season as Dolphins head coach at 10-6.

Doesn't sound like the Patriots-Chiefs game will be played tomorrow.

Doesn't sound like the Patriots-Chiefs game will be played tomorrow.

Just saw on the bottom line during the Gators-South Carolina game that both teams have positives and they're looking at playing Monday or Tuesday.

Pats-Chiefs rescheduled for Monday or Tuesday. But I’m guessing it gets postponed.

That’s why I’m guessing it will be postponed.

Yes. I think this season is toast.

The tough thing with pro football is that there was basically zero margin of error. The NBA and NHL had their bubbles. MLB at least had 6-7 off days with most teams having off-days being on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday and doubleheaders can be played in baseball, plus they had a 1-2 day pad at the end of the season.

The NFL has none of these - you can't play two games in a week and each team only has a bye week. In this case, New England has a Bye in Week 6, when Kansas City plays Buffalo. Kansas City has a bye Week 10, when the Patriots play the Ravens (who have already played Kansas City).

I don’t think the season is done. The big problem for the NFL is that they have to manage so many people. But it’s also an asset because a bunch of people could test positive and then can be easily replaced. There’s going to be a season. Teams and the league just have to be flexible with personnel and scheduling. Prepare for teams switching opponents on Tuesday. Some teams may not get 16 games or 8 home games or may play some non-division opponents twice. There will be a season.

I don’t think the season is done. The big problem for the NFL is that they have to manage so many people. But it’s also an asset because a bunch of people could test positive and then can be easily replaced. There’s going to be a season. Teams and the league just have to be flexible with personnel and scheduling. Prepare for teams switching opponents on Tuesday. Some teams may not get 16 games or 8 home games or may play some non-division opponents twice. There will be a season.

I tend to agree. The other huge advantage baseball has is you rarely have to get close to another player except when you're batting or when there is a play at a base. In football, you're in each others' faces for 3 hours. I think they've done a great job getting this far before having a handful of positive cases. In addition, the other thing you can do is lengthen the season a week or 2 to provide for straggler games that couldn't otherwise be made up. And what's the big deal about having to play into February if necessary? Hell, it's possible the NFL wouldn't have much sports competition because we don't know when NBA and NHL are going to restart. College hoops too. College sports are a covid mess because colleges are a covid mess.

Back