• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Prediction : Matt Stanford traded to Pats for something like a 3rd rounder, and Lions draft Tua.

That makes a lot of sense.

Hadn't thought about Stafford because it's cap prohibitive for Detroit to do that this year. But if they were to draft Tua, they could probably afford the cap hit. I've assumed the red rifle going to NE all along, but Stafford would be a big step up from anyone else who was on the market this year. I think he's still a top-10 QB stuck on a shite team with no running game or D. Part of me would love to see Stafford to NE because I'd like to see the hoodie win without Brady. But even if they get Stafford, they still have gaping holes at WR and TE.

Hadn't thought about Stafford because it's cap prohibitive for Detroit to do that this year. But if they were to draft Tua, they could probably afford the cap hit. I've assumed the red rifle going to NE all along, but Stafford would be a big step up from anyone else who was on the market this year. I think he's still a top-10 QB stuck on a shite team with no running game or D. Part of me would love to see Stafford to NE because I'd like to see the hoodie win without Brady. But even if they get Stafford, they still have gaping holes at WR and TE.

Always thought that Matthew Stafford was unfairly labeled as a loser who puts up stats because the Lions as a team sucked hard. Put another way, don't think Tom Brady wins any Super Bowls had he played for the Lions the last two decades, and Stafford wins some (not 6) if he was in NE. Vindication for Stafford would be great if he won somewhere else. With that said, everything that I read about Belichick's philosophy is not overpay for any one position, and I understand the cap hit for Stafford in 2020 is over $20 million. That seems like a no-go for Belichick.

Always thought that Matthew Stafford was unfairly labeled as a loser who puts up stats because the Lions as a team sucked hard. Put another way, don't think Tom Brady wins any Super Bowls had he played for the Lions the last two decades, and Stafford wins some (not 6) if he was in NE. Vindication for Stafford would be great if he won somewhere else. With that said, everything that I read about Belichick's philosophy is not overpay for any one position, and I understand the cap hit for Stafford in 2020 is over $20 million. That seems like a no-go for Belichick.

He was initially fairly labeled as a loser who puts up stats because he didn't do shit at Georgia with an absolutely loaded roster, including AJ Green, and he has done nothing since to shed that label. Vindication at this point would certainly be unexpected, even with partnering with Belichick.

Stafford is the 4th best QB Caldwell ever coached, behind Manning, Kuklick and Sankey.

And he didn’t do anything with one of the greatest WRs of all time.

Stafford has one Pro Bowl. That’s nuts. With injuries, a fourth of starting QBs make the Pro Bowl every year.

He was initially fairly labeled as a loser who puts up stats because he didn't do shit at Georgia with an absolutely loaded roster, including AJ Green, and he has done nothing since to shed that label. Vindication at this point would certainly be unexpected, even with partnering with Belichick.

Stafford overlapped one year at UGA with AJ Green. Green's true freshman season. If UGA was so loaded when Stafford was at UGA, the Dawg's went 6-7 (with Green on their roster), the year after Stafford left. That's not doing shit.

Also, not fair to say Stafford "didn't do shit at Georgia". Stafford left HS early and started as true frosh at UGA. He played 3 seasons before heading to the NFL at age 20. So, he started at UGA, when he was 18, 19 and 20. During those three seasons, UGA went 30-9, including 4-1 combined against Bama and Auburn, a Sugar Bowl win and 3-0 record in Bowl games. Yes, UGA didn't win the Natty while, Stafford was at UGA, but that's setting the bar pretty high to start the "he didn't do shit at UGA talk. What did you accomplish by age 20?

Stafford overlapped one year at UGA with AJ Green. Green's true freshman season. If UGA was so loaded when Stafford was at UGA, the Dawg's went 6-7 (with Green on their roster), the year after Stafford left. That's not doing shit.

Also, not fair to say Stafford "didn't do shit at Georgia". Stafford left HS early and started as true frosh at UGA. He played 3 seasons before heading to the NFL at age 20. So, he started at UGA, when he was 18, 19 and 20. During those three seasons, UGA went 30-9, including 4-1 combined against Bama and Auburn, a Sugar Bowl win and 3-0 record in Bowl games. Yes, UGA didn't win the Natty while, Stafford was at UGA, but that's setting the bar pretty high to start the "he didn't do shit at UGA talk. What did you accomplish by age 20?

I had to double check to make sure that this wasn’t a Biff post.

Anybody know who was drafted three slots after Stafford who didn’t do shit in the NFL ?

That Rams window was open for a hot second before it slammed shut (probably about the time that Goff put pen to paper on that $130+ million extension).

I don’t know why, but I keep seeing Carr in NE. He will be dealt soon I would think. I bet cheap...the NE way.

I don’t know why, but I keep seeing Carr in NE. He will be dealt soon I would think. I bet cheap...the NE way.

The Pats could get several veteran QBs for cheap. Carr, Cam, Dalton, maybe Stafford. Flacco is available. I think Alex Smith still wants to play too.

The fact that Gurley is only 25 is mind-boggling to me. Feels like he's been around longer than that.

Clearly his body is an old 25... Hope he can help the Falcons out.

Back