• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake Forest football player, Senator Richard Burr

Let's look at the op ed:

Starts out with recognition that this is a serious issue. But don't worry too much because: "the United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats, like the coronavirus, in large part due to the work of the Senate Health Committee, Congress, and the Trump Administration." Yikes. That's some serious bullshit. Are we more prepared than before the pandemic response team was disbanded? Are we more prepared with a State Dept. that's been slashed and burned and with a small fraction of health workers in China that we had before this clown shoes administration? But I digress.

Now we go to all the very impressive things we're doing, including "screening incoming passengers at airports as they arrive in the United States from China." Wait a second. I thought we had a travel ban? Why do we need to screen passengers from China if there's a travel ban? Sorry, off topic again.

"The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is training state and local health departments on the symptoms of the coronavirus." Seems like that information is probably available on WebMD, but alrighty.

"The CDC has developed a diagnostic test that detects coronavirus infections and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is prepared to expedite its review." Oh sweet, the CDC has a test. We good.

"The White House has convened a Coronavirus Task Force, HHS has declared a public health emergency for the U.S. to help state and locals with the response efforts, and the National Institutes of Health, along with drug manufacturers, are expediting the development of a vaccine." Task force, sounds awesome. I'm sure they'll stock it full of infectious disease experts and physicians and allow policy to be driven by facts and science.

"All of these steps are part of the response framework Congress has put in place to ensure we are prepared for disease outbreaks and other public health threats." WE ARE PREPARED. WE ARE GOOD.

"No matter the outbreak or threat, Congress and the federal government have been vigilant in identifying gaps in its readiness efforts and improving its response capabilities." THE GAPS HAVE BEEN FILLED, LOL.

Now, does this sound like it was written by a motherfucker who was dumping nearly his entire net worth?

Sadly Richard Burr is a perfect example of a 2020 Republican

Republicans today unite around three ideologies

1. bigotry
2. financial fraud and/or grifting
3. Owning the libs

The worse ones believe in all three. I think Burr is only guilty of #2.

Last edited:
I am defending him and continue to. This was permitted under the rules. There was more than enough info out there. Is it a violation now to buy? Of course not, it’s moronic not to do so. And he shouldn’t be prevented from buying merely because he’s in the Senate. If they want to make trading stocks not allowed for those in Congress, pass the law and people can decide accordingly whether to be in Congress. That’s not the law.

Your alls complete misunderstanding of the law does not make Richard Burr a bad person.

They must not have gotten to the STOCK Act in Ambulance Chaser school.

We are and were better prepared. Lamar's op ed that Burr added his name to was correct.

Lamar's op ed doesn't says:
(1) We're good
(2) Don't worry about the market
(3) All is fine.

But that didn't stop you all from adding those words to it. And then joining the mass media lynching against one of our own based on false premises. Where are the apologies today for Michael Flynn? Nowhere...just as there will be no apologies from you later for bbq'ing one of our own for false understandings and misreads.

They must not have gotten to the STOCK Act in Ambulance Chaser school.

Let's stick to arguing based on substance and not ad hominem attacks. DR provides a valuable service to his community, but that doesn't prevent him from being very wrong about Burr and now Flynn.

Annnd here we go, DR is a Flynn truther too.

Apparently one doesn’t simply dip their toe into supporting Trump. They need to jump in and roll in the whole grifty conspiracy laden swamp.

Y'all need to leave DR alone, he's busy at work today

zhhyz524911-20120414-Hn8Dg2.gif

Let's stick to arguing based on substance and not ad hominem attacks. DR provides a valuable service to his community, but that doesn't prevent him from being very wrong about Burr and now Flynn.

The substance is that DR has no idea what he’s talking about and one of those reasons is that he spends most of his time taking 50% of his clients judgements.

The substance is that DR has no idea what he’s talking about and one of those reasons is that he spends most of his time taking 50% of his clients judgements.

Demonstrating your ignorance as to his profession is counterproductive.

He didn’t lie to the public. Huge misread of Lamars article.

The Dow goes 30 to 18 because half the country sold. Burr and his brother in law weren’t the only ones to respond to the very public COVID scare.

And Burr and his BIL sold his the day the stock market slipped from an all time record high and finished down 0.4%.

The massive drop and sell off happened about 10-14 days later.

It was the biggest single sell off Burr has ever made while in Congress and constituted over half of his overall disclosed holdings.

I can’t believe that we have people defending that POS. “One of our own”? More like a disgrace to pro humanitatae. If he had an ounce of integrity he would have already resigned .

33% of settlements is standard. Possibly 40% if a trial is required. Let’s not go too far with the attorney attacks. And DR really doesn’t do a lot of advertising. The real ambulance chasers are on TV all day long- you know, Lewis, Daggett, Crumley, Mayo, Farron...

We are and were better prepared. Lamar's op ed that Burr added his name to was correct.

Lamar's op ed doesn't says:
(1) We're good
(2) Don't worry about the market
(3) All is fine.

But that didn't stop you all from adding those words to it. And then joining the mass media lynching against one of our own based on false premises. Where are the apologies today for Michael Flynn? Nowhere...just as there will be no apologies from you later for bbq'ing one of our own for false understandings and misreads.

Flynn? You can’t be serious.

ETgsCgAWsAEHJte

The stocks were sold in mid-February (13th), days after Mr. Burr, Republican of North Carolina and the chairman of the Intelligence Committee, wrote an opinion article for Fox News suggesting that the United States was “better prepared than ever before” to confront the virus.

Feb. 27 luncheon, Burr compared the potential impact of the novel coronavirus to the deadly 1918 flu pandemic at the private event.

A law passed in 2012 makes it illegal for members of congress to engage in stock trades based on non-public information they are privy to by virtue of their public posts.

"If Senator Burr had information suggesting that the coronavirus outbreak could be much more serious than commonly understood and used that information to protect his own fortune, all while reassuring the public that the government was prepared for the disease, that would be a shocking violation of the public trust," said Noah Bookbinder, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a nonpartisan advocacy group. "His actions should be investigated right away."

Ya'll sure do hate what I do for a living. Until you need me. Then I see your happy little begging faces in my conference room.

DR Law: “I’ll see your happy little begging faces in my conference room.”

Back