• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake Forest football player, Senator Richard Burr

I'm not going to allow this to consume my day. Insurance companies and other industries have spent decades on anti-lawsuit, anti-lawyer propaganda, with great success. If you don't believe me, ask yourself how you feel about the McDonalds "hot coffee" case. Then, spend some time learning about what really happened.

As to the question regarding only recouping 60% of your damages, what's your solution friend? I'd love to hear it.

And the comment about profiting off of misfortune, let me make this very clear: if I could flip a switch and end the types of injuries I deal with, I would. I'd happily go do something else. I'm sure if you asked an oncologist, who is literally making his living off of cancer, he'd tell you the same thing.
Used to love dealing with the McDonald’s coffee case in jury selection. Not. Even had a Charlotte lawyer argue to a jury that my client’s case was the “—— County McDonald’s coffee case.” He deserved to lose that one.

Do you still have that super hot blonde assistant who videoed our interview a few years ago? I couldn't stop checking her out. Hope you are well DR.

No we only hire ugly ones around here.

Oh wait, of course that’s not true.

DR Law: “I’ll see your happy little begging faces in my conference room.”

And it won’t matter one bit if we talked shit about him for years before. If we can be a payday, he’ll do the work. It’s the business.

Ok, that's also what I was wondering. How many PI attorneys only take cases they know they can easily win? Because 33% seems quite unethical for that kind of case.

Depends on the amount in dispute. If you get in a car wreck and have $4K of medical bills, without a lawyer, you probably get ignored or bigballed by the insurance company. That case is worth less than $15K or so all told. If a lawyer only was able to get 10%, financially it doesn't make sense to take the case due to the amount of time it would be necessary for that lawyer to expend.

On a case with $300K in damages (and a policy with limits that could pay a judgment of that size or higher), the math is different. But the higher the amount of damage, usually the more the risk.

The other issue is the attorney doesn't win every case. A friend of mine tried a 9-week medmal trial last year and got $0. The firm probably put $200K or more worth of time into the case. If she didn't get big licks on other cases, she wouldn't be able to keep the lights on.

Can we get this thread back on track? The more evidence that comes out, the more it points to insider trading and STOCK act violations!

Last edited:
You're required to hire a lawyer?

Right, "our system" requires it. The better system would be the honor code, where the at-fault party and their insurance company promise to accept responsibility if they do something bad and not to dispute the damages you claim to have suffered.

I'm not going to allow this to consume my day. Insurance companies and other industries have spent decades on anti-lawsuit, anti-lawyer propaganda, with great success. If you don't believe me, ask yourself how you feel about the McDonalds "hot coffee" case. Then, spend some time learning about what really happened.

As to the question regarding only recouping 60% of your damages, what's your solution friend? I'd love to hear it.

And the comment about profiting off of misfortune, let me make this very clear: if I could flip a switch and end the types of injuries I deal with, I would. I'd happily go do something else. I'm sure if you asked an oncologist, who is literally making his living off of cancer, he'd tell you the same thing.

Oncologists and personal injury plaintiffs' lawyers - Interesting comparison. ;)

Oncologists and personal injury plaintiffs' lawyers - Interesting comparison. ;)

I'm going to start a conspiracy theory Q-Anon-style to convince rubes that there is a cure for cancer and the oncologist lobby along with their chemical industry friends are behind preventing public knowledge and access. That should at least level the playing field a little bit between them and us ambulance chasing sumbag plaintiff's lawyers.

Wakelaw13 Law: “It’s Like Curing Cancer”

The TV ads write themselves.

With all the workplace protections being dismantled by this administration I'm not sure we should so cavalierly dismiss all personal injury and plaintiff's lawyers.

Last edited:
I like how this board thinks I’m a personal injury lawyer. As if that still exists in this god forsaken state’s justice system.

And ‘07, you’re right, I go win. Doesn’t matter if it’s buying something from my worst enemy. If I can make a lick and it’s legal, I’m in. Let’s win. Go America!

I like how this board thinks I’m a personal injury lawyer. As if that still exists in this god forsaken state’s justice system.

And ‘07, you’re right, I go win. Doesn’t matter if it’s buying something from my worst enemy. If I can make a lick and it’s legal, I’m in. Let’s win. Go 'merica!

FIFY

Uh, this is kind of my entire fucking point.

Right. And lawyers love it. Because it means they take 40 cents of every dollar that the injured person is owed. Imagine being injured/maimed/permanent disfigured and know you’re never going to be made whole because you HAVE to hire a lawyer.

A simpler, fairer system would put them out of business. Just like how H&R Block spends tens of millions to lobby against tax reform.

Last edited:
Right. And lawyers love it. Because it means they take 40 cents of every dollar that the injured person is owed. Imagine being injured/maimed/permanent disfigured and know you’re never going to be made whole because you HAVE to hire a lawyer.

A simpler, fairer system would put them out of business. Just like how H&R Block spends tens of millions to lobby against tax reform.
Parasites always suck.

Back