• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake Forest football player, Senator Richard Burr

Perhaps all true, counselor, but the story is hours old. You think you have all the correct facts?

We know he sold the stock. We know he says he just relied on experts and market information. We also know he attended a January meeting with confidential information that was not available to the average investor. The major remaining question is what specific information experts provided at the hearing - regardless of that you do agree that senators received information that the public didn’t have right?

So what position did Burr play? Was he any good?

I think he was a Safety. Seems to make really good financial decisions when he gets a look at the playbook. Maybe he would have thrived at Louisville.

Just to add a little balance here, Burr himself called for an Ethics investigation. Would it be possible for us to wait on facts until condemning?

Hmmm maybe the Senate ethics committee is controlled by someone or someone's that... I dunno... might not find him guilty. Hmmm. Probably not <cough> moscow mitch <cough>

Hmmm maybe the Senate ethics committee is controlled by someone or someone's that... I dunno... might not find him guilty. Hmmm. Probably not <cough> moscow mitch <cough>

Hey into your elbow please

Burr needs to resign unless he has some answers. Not sure what possible answers he would have but need to hear his side. Also same with the other senators. Deep state will try and protect these senators I would imagine. This shit has gone on way too long and no one pays the price

Burr needs to resign unless he has some answers. Not sure what possible answers he would have but need to hear his side. Also same with the other senators. Deep state will try and protect these senators I would imagine. This shit has gone on way too long and no one pays the price

Ready for trump to tweet about Feinstein but no mention of Burr or Loeffler.

Funny how her name, while discussed in the body text several paragraphs in, she is not in the headline for some reason.....ummmm

On the flip side Fox News had a headline up yesterday that only had Feinstein’s name in it and no Republican was referenced until the ninth paragraph.

Kudos to Tucker Carlson; he's all over Burr needing to resign/be prosecuted, and was pretty direct with his questioning of the GA senator last night.

In fairness to any/all politicians who claim that their advisors handle their trades w/o their knowledge, I received a trade notification from Merrill Lynch this week; they moved tons of my stuff last month in/out of bonds and into T-bills w/o my knowledge or with any explanation; I understand, not the same as getting out of stocks and in particular stocks that could be devastated by the virus. In the case of Burr, all indications he was well aware of his trades and initiated them, but at least in the case of the GA chick they deserve the chance to do some 'splainin'.

So what position did Burr play? Was he any good?

My dad played with him during the mid to late 1970s. Burr was a DB and he injured his knee. Dad says he was never the same after the injury, missed the following season, and only played in a handful of games 2 seasons after his injury.

Thanks, Bama.

I hope NC remembers this conduct when Burr ia up for reelection in 2022. Perhaps, this POS will retire at that time. He has capitalized on the misery of others for his own gain with no shame. The Rs will not throw him out and, indeed, believe that "insider trading" creates market efficiency. I thought NC had made great progress since my time. Recently, the State has gone backwards.

He’s already announced he’s retiring and not running again in 2022.

He’s a big disappointment.

As are almost all the Republican senators.

Who played football sometime.

This is the appropriate use of Dick Burr.

I think we are convicting before proven guilty. Seems I read somewhere he had filed to sell several weeks back with the proper channels for such as a senator. He also bought some hotel stocks in the transaction, like he sold resort stocks and bought cheap hotel stocks....something like Wyndham and Comfort Inns....

Where’d you “read” that?

Why would selling resort stocks (crushed by corona) and buying cheap hotels make this any better?

I think we are convicting before proven guilty. Seems I read somewhere he had filed to sell several weeks back with the proper channels for such as a senator. He also bought some hotel stocks in the transaction, like he sold resort stocks and bought cheap hotel stocks....something like Wyndham and Comfort Inns....

Haven’t read anything about “filing to sell several weeks back” unless you’re talking about the fact that he sold these shares several weeks back from today (in mid-February). Similarly I haven’t seen any public record that he bought any stocks in the transactions. Opensecrets has these transactions and for February there are only sales on Burr’s disclosures (http://pfds.opensecrets.org.s3.amazonaws.com/Burr_PTR_0202020-rotated (1).pdf)

In fact the disclosure shows Burr actually sold hotel stocks in these transactions:

“Between the Burrs’ two accounts, they sold up to $150,000 worth of stock in Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, which lost almost two-thirds of its market value since Feb. 13. They sold up to $150,000 in Extended Stay America, another hotel company that lost half its value over the last month. Burr also sold up to $65,000 of stock in Park Hotels & Resorts, which saw its stock price drop from nearly $24 to under $5. The hotel industry is asking President Donald Trump for a bailout as Americans increasingly avoid travel.”

Can you provide any articles or filings that indicate Burr set up these sales before having multiple confidential meetings about the pending pandemic back in January or that he purchased hotel stock after selling up to $365k in other hotel stock?

On the flip side Fox News had a headline up yesterday that only had Feinstein’s name in it and no Republican was referenced until the ninth paragraph.

I bet they never mentioned that Feinstein’s stocks are in a blind trust.

Haven’t read anything about “filing to sell several weeks back” unless you’re talking about the fact that he sold these shares several weeks back from today (in mid-February). Similarly I haven’t seen any public record that he bought any stocks in the transactions. Opensecrets has these transactions and for February there are only sales on Burr’s disclosures (http://pfds.opensecrets.org.s3.amazonaws.com/Burr_PTR_0202020-rotated (1).pdf)

In fact the disclosure shows Burr actually sold hotel stocks in these transactions:

“Between the Burrs’ two accounts, they sold up to $150,000 worth of stock in Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, which lost almost two-thirds of its market value since Feb. 13. They sold up to $150,000 in Extended Stay America, another hotel company that lost half its value over the last month. Burr also sold up to $65,000 of stock in Park Hotels & Resorts, which saw its stock price drop from nearly $24 to under $5. The hotel industry is asking President Donald Trump for a bailout as Americans increasingly avoid travel.”

Can you provide any articles or filings that indicate Burr set up these sales before having multiple confidential meetings about the pending pandemic back in January or that he purchased hotel stock after selling up to $365k in other hotel stock?

Hang him upside down by his balls but this is a minor sideshow to our collective national issue.

Back