• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake Forest football player, Senator Richard Burr

If true, he should be prosecuted for insider trading. 29 separate transactions, dude went on a dump spree. It was also 5-10 times larger transactions than he had ever done. Sketchy

Careful guys, you’ll hurt some feelings on this board.

Careful guys, you’ll hurt some feelings on this board.

If old Dick Burr gave them a heads up, I doubt they’re that hurt.

Guys, if you’re using your corona cash to buyout Manning, you’ll be treated as heroes.

There's a thread about this on all three main OGB boards (two of which were started by the OP on this one). I check all three boards several times a day and enjoy the different content each provides.

These are strange political times and I share much of the concern that is expressed on The Tunnels. I also like getting away from it when I want to. If some of you are so obsessed with politics that you feel it needs to be discussed on all three boards, it says more about you than I.

There's a thread about this on all three main OGB boards (two of which were started by the OP on this one). I check all three boards several times a day and enjoy the different content each provides.

These are strange political times and I share much of the concern that is expressed on The Tunnels. I also like getting away from it when I want to. If some of you are so obsessed with politics that you feel it needs to be discussed on all three boards, it says more about you than I.

We’ve got the first “nothing to see here” post. How many more will there be? And how many by Deac7x or 8xers?

This is a fair point, but he is a former Wake athlete. Not from my era, but if Brian Kuklick became a senator and pulled a scam like that, it would certainly be fair game. I would hope people would keep the discussion here Wake-centric.

meh, it's one thread during the apocalypse about a former wake athlete doing awful shit

pick your battles, my dude

Agree this is a clearly a Tunnels thread. It is about Burr’s behavior as an elected politician. This is a paper thin ruse to highlight the incident. Grow up and respect the non-political honor code for this board.

I'm confused as to how committing a serious felony is a "political" event (this isn't about his politics, it's about his criminal behavior).

Unless he was freeing up cash to buy out manning. Then he’s a hero

Agree this is a clearly a Tunnels thread. It is about Burr’s behavior as an elected politician. This is a paper thin ruse to highlight the incident. Grow up and respect the non-political honor code for this board.

The what now?

There's #2 - which OWG will be next?

I’m assuming there is more I formation out there than what was linked. All I saw was he dumped stock on Feb 13 and gave a speech on Feb 27. A quick search of media from those dates shows plenty of reporting about pandemic, problems in Europe, and likely impacts on the market. This information has been readily available for quite some time to anyone who bothered to look. If Burr had information or transmitted information beyond what I could easily find on a google search then I’d be interested.

Back