• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters (likely) Oct 5-11, 2020

doubledeac

Reaction score
No official announcement but friend on tour booked his Augusta house and hotel rooms for the week above. For those going, some hotels still have cheap rates. Anyway, stay safe and healthy out there awaiting the much needed WF announcement...

So I guess the final round broadcast will start on ESPN and then switch to CBS after their NFL broadcast. I wonder what happens with the PGA championship? I think they should ditch the Fedex Cup crap this year and shoot for August for the PGA.

So I guess the final round broadcast will start on ESPN and then switch to CBS after their NFL broadcast. I wonder what happens with the PGA championship? I think they should ditch the Fedex Cup crap this year and shoot for August for the PGA.

Yeah, I don't see any way practical you have a FedEx Cup this year.

Our country would be in a much better psychological if only Dr. Fauci and Jim Nantz gave info about the Corona Virus pandemic. Everyone would be put at ease by Jim Nantz starting with, "Hello friends."

There was a tweet last week by someone (I think someone on the LPGA Tour) that said her reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in Augusta for that week was canceled by the hotel...she was thinking it was due to the Masters as well.

Our country would be in a much better psychological if only Dr. Fauci and Jim Nantz gave info about the Corona Virus pandemic. Everyone would be put at ease by Jim Nantz starting with, "Hello friends."

I agree with this; Dr. Fauci is a national treasure. Although I would also say that as much as I often do not like his politics, Gov. Cuomo has acquitted himself very well. He has communicated in a very thoughtful manner and made some good suggestions for greater federal action.

I agree with this; Dr. Fauci is a national treasure. Although I would also say that as much as I often do not like his politics, Gov. Cuomo has acquitted himself very well. He has communicated in a very thoughtful manner and made some good suggestions for greater federal action.

My FIL is pretty plugged into NY politics (he's a poly sci professor and held local offices up there). He's a fan, well as much as he can be, of Cuomo. He's also boldly predicted that Cuomo may end up on the ticket if/when Biden has an "issue" over the coming months. After watching the last few weeks, I'd be ok with that.

Agreed. The only thing which will save Biden from his frailties is if all campaigning is called off and an election is simply held whenever and however. Cuomo has shown much greater intellect and communication skills than Biden. He is also on the front lines, appears to be doing a credible job, whereas Biden is struggling to maintain some relevance in the background, and has offered nothing credible. Cuomo would be a formidable opponent to Trump, and I would be fine with that.

Agreed. The only thing which will save Biden from his frailties is if all campaigning is called off and an election is simply held whenever and however. Cuomo has shown much greater intellect and communication skills than Biden. He is also on the front lines, appears to be doing a credible job, whereas Biden is struggling to maintain some relevance in the background, and has offered nothing credible. Cuomo would be a formidable opponent to Trump, and I would be fine with that.

Biden is in a tough spot as he doesn't really have a ready made avenue to act on this, unlike a Governor.

Biden has a huge ace-in-the-hole. He's running against the worst POTUS in US history and one of the worst people in the world. Trump's lies and narcissism will not be forgotten at election time. His incompetence and lies during this pandemic are sealing his fate.

You brought up Biden.

Biden is also benefiting from not having to travel extensively. Saving his strength and resources for later may be huge.

I think Augusta National typically acts on their own but that’s a luxury in April that they don’t have in October with respect to CBS. Any word about CBS’ role in this? It’s not as simple as just not having an afternoon game. If we aren’t out of the woods, it’s more likely we have the Masters without patrons than NFL games.

I think if coronavirus goes away fairly soon that early October is a logical time to hold a postponed Masters. Since most of the PGA season will be cancelled anyway, it won’t make sense to have the FedEx Cup. Augusta will be shut down for the summer and would be reopening in early October anyway. Still lots of logistical issues invoked but that would give at least several months to plan things. If anyone could pull this off, it’s Augusta National. I’ve seen them do things in one or two days that are unbelievable. Yeah, there wouldn’t be azaleas and dogwoods blooming in October, but the weather should be great and I think everyone would be fired up to have the toonament.

I think Augusta National typically acts on their own but that’s a luxury in April that they don’t have in October with respect to CBS. Any word about CBS’ role in this? It’s not as simple as just not having an afternoon game. If we aren’t out of the woods, it’s more likely we have the Masters without patrons than NFL games.

CBS can bitch and moan all they want. ANGC can call the whole thing off and be okay financially. They can play with tournament with TV coverage or not, maybe with a reduced pot for the winners. If CBS shows up to fulfill their contract, good for them. If they don't, they don't.

I guess it's more likely we have The Masters if we're not out of the woods, but it would be bad to normalize things by televising a golf tourament if we're not out of the woods because of the number of people required to run it.

Back