• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poll: Will College Sports Be Cancelled for the 2020-21 School Year?

Will College Sports Be Canceled for the 2020-21 school year?

• College sports will not be canceled & will resume as normal in the fall

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • All College sports will be canceled for the entire school year

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Fall Sports will be canceled, Winter & Spring Sports will be played as normal

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Fall & Winter Sports will be canceled, but Spring Sports will be played as Normal

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • All Sports will be played for tv but no fans will be allowed to attend

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
SEC cancelled all fall sports. Except football.

No, they only postponed the start of Volleyball, Soccer, and Cross Country through August 31st, like the ACC did last week. Those sports aren't completely canceled (for now).

I don't see how every team at a high school is going to be able to practice and play at the same time in the spring.

I’m standing firm with my original thoughts that we will have football in the Fall in some capacity.

I’m standing firm with my original thoughts that we will have football in the Fall in some capacity.

They are definitely going to try, but no college team is going to have the testing and protocols in place that professional teams have and look what just happened to the Marlins. Unless Power V leagues are going in expecting a schedule as you go model with teams dropping out as the season continues, I don't see how college teams make it through more than a handful games before teams start tapping out. It's forseeable that the Conference Championship games could be between the only few remaining teams in a league that can still play. Pitt v. BC for the ACC Championship; Vandy v. Arkansas for the SEC Championship; NW v. MD for the Big 10 Championship.

They are definitely going to try, but no college team is going to have the testing and protocols in place that professional teams have and look what just happened to the Marlins. Unless Power V leagues are going in expecting a schedule as you go model with teams dropping out as the season continues, I don't see how college teams make it through more than a handful games before teams start tapping out. It's forseeable that the Conference Championship games could be between the only few remaining teams in a league that can still play. Pitt v. BC for the ACC Championship; Vandy v. Arkansas for the SEC Championship; NW v. MD for the Big 10 Championship.

We have a smart team...This could be our chance at a natty!

Virginia did the same thing.

VA's Fall Sports Season (football, cross country, golf, volleyball) would be from February 15 to May 1; the first game would be March 1.

Hard to see things play out so that HS football could be played even by February. If the pandemic declines to the point where football could be played, just would seem so odd see HS football played in March and April.

Back