• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poll: Will College Sports Be Cancelled for the 2020-21 School Year?

Will College Sports Be Canceled for the 2020-21 school year?

• College sports will not be canceled & will resume as normal in the fall

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • All College sports will be canceled for the entire school year

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Fall Sports will be canceled, Winter & Spring Sports will be played as normal

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Fall & Winter Sports will be canceled, but Spring Sports will be played as Normal

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • All Sports will be played for tv but no fans will be allowed to attend

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
Wow...New ACC football schedule just dropped. We're playing @UNC. Also, UNC doesn't have to play Clemson and they have the simplest schedule by far. Top 2 teams advance to ACC Ship based on conference record. UNC has a cake walk to play Clemson.

UNC doesn't have to play Pitt or Clemson and we don't get to play Ga Tech or BC. Weak sauce man.

Jesus we might not win 3 or 4 games

VT's Caleb Farley is opting out of the season. As a likely 1st rounder, hard to argue with his decision. He's also still dealing with the loss of his mom in 2018 and is concerned about exposing his family to COVID. He won't the last big name to decide to sit out.

Wow...New ACC football schedule just dropped. We're playing @UNC. Also, UNC doesn't have to play Clemson and they have the simplest schedule by far. Top 2 teams advance to ACC Ship based on conference record. UNC has a cake walk to play Clemson.

Link?

Stupid fucking graphics, btw. It won't matter when the Fall sports season is cancelled (when do we expect that to occur?).

It is funny to look back at comments on page 1 from March and realize how we had no clue of the impact of this virus.

No way college sports play in the fall. Especially full contact football.

Assuming this season ends up happening, I guess it's good that 3 of our 5 road games are in state. Considering there will be no fans if we play, the road schedule isn't terrible from a travel perspective for the team. But yeah, I doubt we play at all.

Would have been a great schedule for Wake season ticket holders.

The WFU schedule is f-ing murderer's row the first 5 weeks. Holy shit.
Clempsun, Miami, ND, UVA & VT.

it's not listed chronologically, those are just our five theoretical home games.

That would be a fucking brutal home schedule.

But the season won't happen.

I doubt there would be much transmission from the games themselves. But the travel, individual teams being around each other and all the possible transmission that may occur on college campuses pose massive problems.

Either way, thanks ACC that we're the one NC team still playing Clemson

that ACC announcement is big enough to deserve its own thread probably

Since July 6th, RJ been telling anyone who would listen that there may be a big Wake sports story in the next 30-45 days. And it came true

My bad, RJ doesn't know anything or anyone.

I hope Sage and Boogie see that schedule as a way to cement their first round status. Whenever games happen.

I hope Sage and Boogie see that schedule as a way to cement their first round status. Whenever games happen.

I hope they don't opt out of the season to reduce their COVID risk and train on their own instead. Could see that happening with some players that were borderline declaring last year and opted to come back.

Yeah. That was my point.

Any word what programs are doing about testing? The ACC needs a league wide policy. Found out today that my university is requiring anyone who comes to campus to fill out a survey to get approval and they’ll be placed into a pool for random testing.

The year after we sweep the Big Four series we get to play road games at all three schools. Ironic isn't it?

Sweep this year and the road signage should include a single finger as an exclamation point.

BTW, Duke, UNC and NCSU play their football season without Clemson on their schedule. NCSU gets a pass on Clemson and ND.

Last edited:
Back