• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Summer Olympics postponed due to coronavirus

Good move. Even if the world is returned to "normal" by June/July, the athletes will have had no time to train.

wah. they can go out and run and swim and dive

to clarify - i think this is a good decision, but not because the athletes' training schedules was disrupted.

How about qualifying does that do it for you

other than the Senate gym, I'm not sure how many gyms are open right now; mine's closed and is potentially being "re-purposed" per the email I received from the CEO

they all have their own gyms. olympic athletes aren't going to planet fitness.

you are a dumb fuck Diggler you have no idea how they train and they dont their own private gym stupid smart people

Most olympians are young amateurs that don’t have a ton of money

Weird takes diggler

they all have their own gyms. olympic athletes aren't going to planet fitness.

Ryan Lochte and a bunch of other olympic hopefuls used to train over at Queens University in their new pool. then Lochte would ride over to Moe's and crush a couple of burritos.

okay, i'll take the L on that one. I was thinking of American athletes and didn't consider other countries.

okay, i'll take the L on that one. I was thinking of American athletes and didn't consider other countries.

Even the American athletes train in groups at universities or professional training facilities not their own private gyms. Plenty of athletes from other countries train in the US as well. They may have a tough time getting over here giving travel bans.

Lots of American Olympic athletes who hold side jobs to support their athletic career. The rich NBA players and equestrians are the extreme exception, not the norm of Olympic goers.

Back