• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paschal Golf Course/Wake Forest N.C.

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
Thought about putting this on the Pit golf thread, but slow sports news so might as well start a new one here. Just read the article in the WFU mag about Arnie & Buddy Worsham, and it reminded me that as part of a tour of the old campus some years ago I had the privledge of teeing it up at Paschal...not for the golf per se (though a decent, well- maintained 9-holer), but for the incredible history and Palmer connection. Curious if others have had that experience (frankly don't know if the thing is still open). Only hole I recall is a par 3 from a severely- elevated tee to the green by the clubhouse(actually not a clubhouse, just a pro shop....o.k , actually not a pro shop, just a shack to pay your greens fee and buy a pack of nabs and a sixer..golf at its purest form).

Played it a couple years ago and recall that downhill hole as well. Nice little 9 hole course.

Good time!

Sounds like a bucket list course to me!

After I graduated from Wake I went to Southeastern Seminary. I played golf at Paschal several times. Then I went to work at Cheviot Hills - a public course between Wake Forest and Raleigh. I never played at Paschal after that. Cheviot Hills closed in 2006. I'm sure it is a housing area now.

After I graduated from Wake I went to Southeastern Seminary. I played golf at Paschal several times. Then I went to work at Cheviot Hills - a public course between Wake Forest and Raleigh. I never played at Paschal after that. Cheviot Hills closed in 2006. I'm sure it is a housing area now.
Cheviot Hills was a great public track.
For those of you who have never been to the "old" campus, be sure to check it out. You'll be surprised how much the quad resembles the one in Winston, and how many buildings have the same name as those on the new campus.

paschal made grandview look like augusta

Cheviot Hills was a great public track.
For those of you who have never been to the "old" campus, be sure to check it out. You'll be surprised how much the quad resembles the one in Winston, and how many buildings have the same name as those on the new campus.

That was a deliberate part of the plan when the Reynolda Campus was designed. The new location was to start as a bigger, better, new and improved version of the old Wake Forest. The new Wake Forest also had more resources because of the donations of Reynolds family money.

Back