• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Curly Neal

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The greatest ball handler of all time has died. At one time, he was likely one of the 5-10 most famous basketball players on the planet due to the Globetrotters incredible schedule. He played to packed houses in nearly a hundred nations over twenty plus years. He brought joy to the millions of fans saw him play.

RIP...

Another one of the all time greats at his craft, gone from among us. His ball handling seemed like magic.

RIP.

I met Curly Neal and his wife when he played in a celebrity golf tournament for the hospital that I was working in at the time. He was one of the nicest and most genuine people you could meet. I remember picking him up at the airport in Charlotte (easy to pick out in a crowd} and we had to go by Johnson C. Smith where he went to school so he could see it again. We then went to his favorite restaurant and got some fried chicken and of course everyone in the place knew who he was. Just as fun loving off the court as on. RIP

They don’t make ‘em like Curly any more

Met him once at a bar in the Memphis airport and bought him a beer. Great guy to chat with.

RIP

Great article by Ed Hardin in our Winston-Salem Journal this morning about Curly Neal, a Dudley High School & Johnson C Smith product.

The only worthwhile thing to ever come out of Greensboro.

i guess it's confirmed, rj is a homophobe. twice in one day!

Back