• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia Signup Thread; Monday 3/30 Start

Or if you were silenced, the intent behind those roles would be to not communicate certain information.

Scenario: cop comes out. Mafia has silencer. Player B says to Cop, you’re going to be silenced tonight by mafia, so if you investigate someone who is mafia bold and caps your vote instead of it just being ***vote***

Etc. I share redwings sentiments regarding your daughter. Congratulations.

I'm leaning no OT then and ties result in all tied players dying.

That is a civ friendly rule, probably need to buff maf powers some to rebalance. I guess I don't get what's wrong with first to switch in OT rules.

That is a civ friendly rule, probably need to buff maf powers some to rebalance. I guess I don't get what's wrong with first to switch in OT rules.

true. this OT tie rule can be completely broken, or at least create a crazy game of chicken. if civs get a cleared civ known to the group, all you do is have everyone who is uncleared be in a tie at the end of d2 and they all die and the cleared civ is the last one alive OR mafia goes on a crazy series of last second switches to not die int he tie.

OK fine every idea I have sucks I'm going to go cry now

Maybe the greatest mafia moment of all-time was no-rules mafia when I talked to Knight IRL (wasn’t playing) and he posted in the game to confirm my civ status.

Current Signup List:

1. rommy
2. bym
3. Townie
4. Nonny
5. BBD
6. Da
7. SD3
8. Knight
9. Juice
10. redwing
11. WFU03
12. mako
13. bern
14. JMan
15. gouda
16. DV7
17. Eagles
18. Ph
19. Toogs
20. GAT
21. ryala
22. shiny
23. tcc

The learning curve on all these foreign posters is steep, especially when they have similar names and all think very highly of themselves and each other and knight

Maybe the greatest mafia moment of all-time was no-rules mafia when I talked to Knight IRL (wasn’t playing) and he posted in the game to confirm my civ status.

You know Knight IRL? Can you tell him to tone it the fuck down some?

I'm happier about people actually reading the rules than anything else. Even if it means my rules suck.

I'm in. Next week should hopefully be less crazy for me then this week was so I should be able to post more. Do I automatically get to be Black Widow? :geek:

That is definitively not an example of angle shooting, that is an example of a dumbtell.

You can't angle shoot if you're not smart enough to understand the concept

Forgetting something is not angle shooting. Angle shooting is when you read a ruleset, and don’t see a prohibition from something you want to do, but know it’s against the intent of the mod or spirit of the game and do it anyway.

It used to come up most frequently with people quoting or trying to interact with the mod in the thread, which led to the determination that said person wouldn’t have to do that if they were mafia because they’d just talk to the mod in mafia chat.

There are other examples, and it does get misused or overused, but it is a real thing.

Right. I don't know what it would be called when the mod responds to a specific player's post in thread. Just bad modding? lol

Back