• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

No fans for NC State's home game in September.

I guess it makes it easier to bar all fans as it also reduces the number of support people that need to attend the event, but it seems like a special exception should be made for the parents/families of the players (perhaps a limit of two per player). With the massive empty facilities, it would be easy to honor social distancing rules, and at least mom and pop could go to the games. Just don't see it as endangering the players, parents or stadium workers if there are a couple of hundred people in a 40,000+ capacity facility. It's more dangerous to go to Walmart.

I guess it makes it easier to bar all fans as it also reduces the number of support people that need to attend the event, but it seems like a special exception should be made for the parents/families of the players (perhaps a limit of two per player). With the massive empty facilities, it would be easy to honor social distancing rules, and at least mom and pop could go to the games. Just don't see it as endangering the players, parents or stadium workers if there are a couple of hundred people in a 40,000+ capacity facility. It's more dangerous to go to Walmart.

I too would be in favor of doing this. It's a great idea in theory. As you noted there are reasons for not doing it. As soon as you let any fans into the stands, then a whole host of support people need to be brought into play. Austerity is the watchword for athletic departments everywhere. Anything that adds costs is scrutinized multiple times.

Might be hard to enforce social distancing. Parents of players would tend to gravitate to other parents to share moments.

Restrooms need to be open and usable. Probably need some level of concession stand operation. People usually want to eat/drink during a football game.

Parking management
Security
Ticket takers
concession operators
clean-up people.

Iowa says FUCK IT LET'S GO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ball-opener-even-though-iowa-is-covid-hotbed/

Iowa State announced Monday that it will allow approximately 25,000 fans into Jack Trice Stadium for the Cyclones’ season-opening football game against Louisiana on Sept. 12, even though the state of Iowa has seen its number of coronavirus cases skyrocket in recent weeks.
The school arrived at the 25,000 number because that’s the number of season tickets it sells; should season ticket holders decide not to attend the game, their tickets will not be resold.

Trump called Kevin Warren?!?

You can pull up their "socially-distanced" seating chart online, and see exactly how they plan to spread everyone out (which seats will be used and which ones will be blocked off). Some of the arrangements are laughable, looks like you could reach out and touch someone in the row in front of/behind you, the ticket blocks are so poorly spaced out.

Aerosolization from flushing public toilets and urinals is a key spreader for this virus. No matter how many you might put in a stadium, this is a problem without any solution at this point.

Aerosolization from flushing public toilets and urinals is a key spreader for this virus. No matter how many you might put in a stadium, this is a problem without any solution at this point.

Do you have any scientific sources for this?

It sounds pretty far fetched. There would need to be multiple steps a respiratory virus would need to go through and survive for this to be a plausible route of transmission.

ETA:

There is very little evidence (one report) and a lot of looking for the corona virus in feces. There are reports of viral RNA in sewage, but finding that is not the same as finding infectious complete virus. The Corona virus needs the complete package of RNA and proteins (most notably the spike proteins) to be capable of infecting someone.

Urine as produced in the kidneys is sterile. It can become non-sterile later (e.g. bladder infections). Urine has not been identified as carrying virus out of the body.

MIT provides a different answer. Scientists there looked at the issue as part of school reopening.

MIT study

The most likely route of transmission in a restroom is the cough or sneeze deposition on hard surfaces. Corona virus is known to survive hours on such surfaces. The simple solution is do what you have been told since you were a kid. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after you use the toilet.

Last edited:
Who has time (or energy) to walk all the way to the men's room? I usually just piss in the empty bottle of MadDog 20/20 that I snuck into "Truist Field".

Now I can just tell everyone that I'm "flattening the curve".

Apparently Jamie Newman might be opting out of the 2020 season according the the UGA 247 board.

Well this makes me very happy. Glad Hartman has been getting first team reps all along.

What a crazy saga this has been. And yep, the big winner in all of this is WFU/Hartman, by avoiding all of the potential drama had Newman not left.

I don't know what kind of advice Newman is getting, but I don't know what tape you're going to look at as an NFL scout and convince yourself that you need to draft him in the first two rounds.

Dude is on my permanent shitlist.

Back