• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

So which one will transfer next? Serious question.

Like I said, Kirby needs to learn how to handle the situation like Saban handled the progression of Hurts, Tua, Jones, Bryce Young, with Hurts and Talia eventually moving on. That also includes decommits by Sam Howell and Drake Maye.

Vandagriff will have the upper hand as he will be there first.

I make some effort to constrain UGA talk at certain times, but the Dawgs just picked up a commitment from Gunner Stockton, a 5-star 2022 QB who decommitted from South Carolina. That goes along with Brock Vandagriff, 5-star 2021 QB. That's a lot of 5-star quarterbacks. Hopefully Kirby can manage it like Saban does this time, instead of the way he did with Fromm/Fields.

"Brock" and "Gunner", along with "Colt", are about the most quarterbacker-ery names there are; "Colt" is also a real baseball-ly name.

FCS teams about to start seasons. Southern plays at Alabama State tonight, then a much fuller slate of games for Saturday. It will be interesting to see how spring games being the for real season works out. Most colleges have limited or no in person classes.

I keep forgetting that a number of smaller colleges are playing this spring after opting out of the fall season. Example - Delaware beat Delaware State last night 34-14. I’ll try to watch a game next weekend if anything is on.

Don’t like the pic they used

Anticipating they'll get thrashed by Jacksonville State tomorrow, but pretty neat that non-scholarship Davidson College made the FCS playoffs this year. Wondering if Campbell U. has 2nd thoughts of not playing this spring, as they would have also had a shot at making the playoffs.

Elko is going to remain College Station and no go to Lawrence, Kansas. It didn't seem like his kind of place. He has been sitting out a lot of mediocre jobs, so I dont know why he was interested in that one.

Prayers for the Sam Houston player who is down. He lowered his head to make the tackle on a kickoff, and the sound of it was brutal. Scary scene.

Brennan finished 6th in the Heisman voting in 2006; 3rd in 2007.

Sad story on Brennan. I had no idea he had all those demons. Just figured he flamed out like most of those spread QBs did prior to Mahomes.

And he was 37. That does not make me feel young either.

Back