• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

So this is something

So this is something

Would think those recruits that TN was paying would be ineligible to play for TN, even if they wanted to stay. FWIW, TN's best OL entered the transfer portal and is headed to Oklahoma.

So this is something

This is where paying the players makes sense. Take the under the table money and put it on the table. There are obviously untapped revenue streams available that can be used to compensate athletes at a market rate. We don't have to rehash old arguments. Just wanted to note this at a time when it happened. Carry on.

This is where paying the players makes sense. Take the under the table money and put it on the table. There are obviously untapped revenue streams available that can be used to compensate athletes at a market rate. We don't have to rehash old arguments. Just wanted to note this at a time when it happened. Carry on.

Clemson & South Carolina have been "competing" for players for years in their state. Once upon a time Spurrier got the best of them. Now Dabo has the pot right and he is winning. Just the way it goes in recruiting wars in the South.

Clemson & South Carolina have been "competing" for players for years in their state. Once upon a time Spurrier got the best of them. Now Dabo has the pot right and he is winning. Just the way it goes in recruiting wars in the South.

Anderson2x1.jpg

Yep. This place is the top bag man in America, and it's probably not close.

I’m with paying the players 99.9 percent of the time, but I don’t think recruits should be paid. I believe athlete-students should be compensated equally across each NCAA sport.

Alabama hired Bill O’Brien as its offensive coordinator lol. So ridiculous.

TN lists 12 positions in the "starting" defense. Three D line, four linebackers, "STAR," two cornerbacks and two safeties. That's 12 by my count.

Anybody know what the star position is?

Looks like a nickelback.

They also got a transfer DL from Auburn who has since backed out.

Notre Dame football placed on probation because they had impermissible contact with a player (Sav'ell Smalls) who also had impermissible contact with Dan Mullen and Jimbo Fisher

that's a lot of impermissible contact <insert mako's mom joke here>

I make some effort to constrain UGA talk at certain times, but the Dawgs just picked up a commitment from Gunner Stockton, a 5-star 2022 QB who decommitted from South Carolina. That goes along with Brock Vandagriff, 5-star 2021 QB. That's a lot of 5-star quarterbacks. Hopefully Kirby can manage it like Saban does this time, instead of the way he did with Fromm/Fields.

I make some effort to constrain UGA talk at certain times, but the Dawgs just picked up a commitment from Gunner Stockton, a 5-star 2022 QB who decommitted from South Carolina. That goes along with Brock Vandagriff, 5-star 2021 QB. That's a lot of 5-star quarterbacks. Hopefully Kirby can manage it like Saban does this time, instead of the way he did with Fromm/Fields.

So which one will transfer next? Serious question.

Back