• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Texas Tech also only up two against Houston Baptist. What an embarrassment to not be thoroughly beating a school like that.

Give the Fun Belt the Big 12's CFP spot or we riot

The 2020 College Football Thread: Football has a Bold New Flavor !!!!!!!!

Les Miles and Kansas losing to Myrtle Beach University by a bigger margin than we lost to Clemson, dang

That was one of their coach’s big pushes when he came there last year. Try to make ATL more of a GT city than just a UGA and pro sports city.

Good luck with that. Paul Johnson had GT in 4 ACC Championship games, won it in 2009, and played in the Orange Bowl twice and still no one in ATL gave a shit about GT football.

Since the Mountain West cancelled football for the Fall, Air Force is playing a two game schedule this season:

- Navy at home on October 3
- @ Army on November 7

Since BYU is only playing 8 games and they are the only two schools in that part of the country, you would think BYU v. AF would be a natural, but I guess the Mountain West did not want to expand the waiver allowing Air Force to play beyond the two service academy games.

Since the Mountain West cancelled football for the Fall, Air Force is playing a two game schedule this season:

- Navy at home on October 3
- @ Army on November 7

Since BYU is only playing 8 games and they are the only two schools in that part of the country, you would think BYU v. AF would be a natural, but I guess the Mountain West did not want to expand the waiver allowing Air Force to play beyond the two service academy games.

Wow, I guess the positive is they should go into both games at pretty much full strength and will have plenty of time to prepare, but a 2 game schedule with a month in between the 2, that's crazy. I would imagine only the academies would do this because of the commanders in chief trophy.

So, what the qualifications for bowl games going to be this year? Could Air Force go 2-0 or even 1-1 and go bowling?

Sounds like the Big 10 will decide today whether or not move forward with a season starting in mid-October. This would allow for an 8 or 9 game conference only-season, with the chance that a Big 10 team could advance to the BCS playoff.

Sounds like the Big 10 will decide today whether or not move forward with a season starting in mid-October. This would allow for an 8 or 9 game conference only-season, with the chance that a Big 10 team could advance to the BCS playoff.

Nebraska's president was caught on a hot mic this morning saying they were going to announce they'll be playing later this evening.

Just really spotlights the we are going to play for money over anything else. Like the first decision could go either way but to then go back on that decision because nobody else joined you when nothing has changed in the last few weeks.

I just looked and see that the SEC Championship is 12/19, with the Big 12 being 12/12. If the season started on 10/17, they could easily do a 9 game schedule and then a championship game on 12/19.

Eh-CWotXcAMX1Jt

LSU going with the herd immunity plan to combat the virus, as Coach O announced today that:

"Not all of our players, but most of our players have caught it," Orgeron told reporters. "I think that hopefully they won't catch it again, and hopefully they're not out for games."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29892180/lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-most-team-contracted-coronavirus

Those comments from Orgeron are hilarious. Doesn't know the percentage. Even throws out an "I'm not a doctor."

It's like he was throwing a "chicken pox" party for the team, so they could all get it over with and then go back to the business of football.

Heck, if they all got it, it would eliminate the need for all of that costly testing!

Just really spotlights the we are going to play for money over anything else. Like the first decision could go either way but to then go back on that decision because nobody else joined you when nothing has changed in the last few weeks.

Yeah, obviously public outcry has had an effect. To be fair though, the massive amounts of rapid tests promised were not available even a couple weeks ago. The uber-conservative (with regards to COVID) PAC-12 is now moving towards a later season as well.

TBF, they're using rapid tests for cover because they can't justify Ohio high school football being allowed to start play two weeks ago and not let Ohio State play.

B1G is back. Eight game schedule starts 10/24. Conference title game follows.

Lot's of commentators heaped praise on the Big 10/Pac 12 and dumped on the ACC/Big 12/SEC back in August. Time to eat some crow.

Back