• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Congrats Biff!

Can’t wait for that rematch with South Carolina

In all seriousness the Outback Bowl they played was a good one. Sorta got them going on their strong run under Holtz-Spurrier

Yeah. Cock fans are still talking about that win and the Clowney hit.

Harbaugh trying to get good OSU players to the NFL sooner so he has a prayer at a victory. Smart.

The draft age doesn't need to be messed with. Football is great the way it is. However, I'd definitely be in favor of letting players not drafted come back to school, if they have eligibility remaining. Maybe create some sort of more formal draft evaluation process like the NBA has as well.

Good post.

I can only think of a handful of players who would have been top picks before their 3rd year and I'm not confident they wouldn't have just sat on the bench that year anyway (ex. 2nd year Tua and 2nd year Lawrence). GMs would prefer not to pay top picks to sit. Most 19 year olds wouldn't stand a chance on a field with 21 grown ass men.

I definitely think there should be a more formal evaluation process and players should be able to come back to school.

The current redshirt rule as close enough to letting players play for 5 years.

I'd like to see fewer scholarships as well.

Was a gift from the CEO and founder of Grady-White boats. I'm a little surprised he could afford to give over $15 million, because he's donated millions to other causes and the company is by no means huge. Guess the boat business is doing well.

The boat business is booming now. I bought a boat in early March right before things shut down. A couple of weeks later I spoke with the guy that sold it to us. He said they could barely keep up with demand. With people having additional time and needing to distance, boating is a great way to spend time. Also, fishing is booming for the same reasons and companies that supply fish to stock lakes are reporting shortages that will likely last thru the summer.

Clemson's Justyn Ross is out for the 2020 season. Neck surgery. Huge loss for the Tigers.

Also, Auburn's Pat Dye … um... died today.

Clemson's Justyn Ross is out for the 2020 season. Neck surgery. Huge loss for the Tigers.

Also, Auburn's Pat Dye … um... died today.

Yeah, they'll have to start a lesser 5 star in his place I'm sure.

Interesting take. Makes a certain amount of sense in a world of uncertainty.

Growing rift with the Oklahoma State football program after picture surfaces with HC Mike Gundy wearing a One America New Network T-shirt. OAN is an TV network that often supports/fuels far-right conspiracy theories. Gundy has praised OAN in the past: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahoma-state-rb-chuba-hubbard-will-not-be-doing-anything-after-image-of-mike-gundy-with-oan-shirt/

FWIW, Chubba Hubbard, the OSU player in the center of the controversy may be the best RB in the nation. He ran for over 2,000 yards last year, and is a Heisman candidate.

The O$U is requiring football players to sign a waiver in order to return. Classless!

Will be interesting to see how many colleges with open campuses this Fall will ask all students, not just the student-athletes, to sign such a waiver.

The 2020 College Football Thread: Harbaugh Tries to Stack Deck !!!!!!!!

Read Pilchard’s post.

The more I hear about college athletes testing positive for coronavirus, I’m convinced the NCAA is just going to bulldoze through this season and coronavirus will just be one more thing on the injury report.

Read Pilchard’s post.

The more I hear about college athletes testing positive for coronavirus, I’m convinced the NCAA is just going to bulldoze through this season and coronavirus will just be one more thing on the injury report.

How long before one or more schools can't field a healthy team because of Covid-19?

Will some school field a team with sick players so they have enough players on the field?

At least in the pre-season, an argument could be made that getting the players on a campus and giving them a strict testing and tracing regime (and quarantining those that test positive) may be safer than leaving those athletes to train and mingle on their own.

That said, once school starts and all of the students arrive on campus, will be much harder to test, trace and isolate positive cases. Are schools going to test every student upon arrival and keep testing them during the semester? I know that will be the plan for the athletes, but to be effective, all students/profs/staff should be tested as, even if the plan is to try to maintain "a bubble" on campus, that plan only works if everyone is tested and traced, not just the 85 football players and 13 basketball players.

They probably should regularly test everyone (and have isolation facilities in place) if they want to open campuses in August to all students, but wonder if schools are willing/able to incur the cost and have the infrastructure set up to do that.

More like LUKE'S Mayo Bowl !!

Back