• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

I'd like to see the annual Wake vs. NCSU football game become the final game of the season. Put an emphasis on "the longest uninterrupted rivalry in college football". It's generally an entertaining game. Some national attention for the forgotten two of the Big Four.

Good idea.

Pinstripe Bowl cancelled so there goes another ACC tie-in.

I think this is the 3rd ACC bowl to do that- Holiday, Fenway, and Pinstripe. Bowls being cancelled is what will keep us home this year, unless we can get to 6 wins.

I think this is the 3rd ACC bowl to do that- Holiday, Fenway, and Pinstripe. Bowls being cancelled is what will keep us home this year, unless we can get to 6 wins.

We needed to play this weekend. Even if it was WCU it would’ve been a counting stat in a weird year.

We needed to play this weekend. Even if it was WCU it would’ve been a counting stat in a weird year.

Yep. Not only did the ACC screw us with a ridiculously difficult schedule, they are screwing us by not making Duke play their game against us. Hopefully this will be remembered when it comes time to place the bowl teams. We really need to beat Louisville to get a 5th win. If Clemson and ND both make the CFP, that helps a lot.

The Minnesota Wisconsin game has been canceled for this year. Since South Carolina and Clemson are not playing the wake forest NC state series is now the longest uninterrupted rivalry in college football.

It would be tied with Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State played one month earlier on Oct. 21, 1910. Wake Forest and NC State played on Nov. 19, 1910.

Mack is the ultimate figurehead. Spending the game with your Mic flipped up on top if your head makes it difficult to say you are contributing much.

ND defense making SuperSam look quite pedestrian since Q1. Hate to cheer for the Irish. Book has made some bizarre decisions that worked out, so far.

So Oregon (#15) basically eliminated itself from playoff contention last night, losing in OT to OSU. Colorado, So Cal (#18), and Washington are the only remaining undefeated PAC 12 teams, with 2 and 3 wins apiece.

So Cal (3-0) and Colorado (2-0) werre supposed to play today, but that game has been declared a "No Contest" due to positive tests for So Cal. So Cal could finish 5-0 with no impressive wins and heading into the PAC12 CG. Colorado has won two games by a total of 9 points and still has games with SDSU, Arizona, and Utah. I'm not sure what the tiebreaker would be for the PAC12 South champion if both teams go 5-0.

Washington (2-0) still has games with Utah and Oregon.

Short story, Oregon is still the best team in the conference and UW would definitely have to go through them. So Cal or Colorado would probably have to go through them. I'm not sure the committee would take a 6-0 PAC12 team whose only decent win is against a 6-1 (or worse) Oregon team that winds up ranked #20 this week.

This is all good news for Cincy, but they still need help, like ND beating Clemson in the ACCCG or tOSU missing the rest of their games.

The abbreviation for the University of Southern California is USC.

Back