• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

IMO, Clemson is by far the best team in the country.

Ohio State might be able to compete, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Bama and UGA are both lacking a QB that can win a natty this year.

Disagree. You can go either way on Clemson/Bama for #1 - neither is by far better than the other.

Bama doesn’t have the QB to win a national title? He just threw 417 yds and 4tds on the best defense in the country.

I think we would have beaten State had Leary started and played the whole game against us. We have trouble against mobile qbs.

That better change before Saturday. The VT QB, Hooker, had over 100 yards rushing against BC. He's a Greensboro native and is likely to be pumped.

Hooker gave us fits last season. We are going to need another 40 points at least.

Disagree. You can go either way on Clemson/Bama for #1 - neither is by far better than the other.

Bama doesn’t have the QB to win a national title? He just threw 417 yds and 4tds on the best defense in the country.

Just my opinion. I’m wrong a fair amount.

Also, why are we so sure UGA’s D is the best in the country? Are Arkansas, UT, or Auburn particularly good on offense?

I said last week that I thought Clemson and UGA were the two best teams solely because they seem to be the only ones able to play defense. I’m perhaps backtracking on that a bit.

Aubarn can't even beat South Carolina. They suck.

Tennessee got smoked by UK and scored 7 points. They suck.

Arkansas is Arkansas. They suck.

[/B]

That better change before Saturday. The VT QB, Hooker, had over 100 yards rushing against BC. He's a Greensboro native and is likely to be pumped.

Yea that’s why I said Hooker scares me

LSU self imposing penalties and bans OBJ for two years. Docking themselves 8 scholarships over two years plus some recruiting contacts and visits. Father of a recruit got paid.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/21/lsu-football-self-imposed-sanctions-ncaa

If they keep losing this season (very possible) in addition to this news (and if anything more comes from the NCAA), Coach O could be headed for a Chizik-esque SEC fall. Guessing we'll see a few decommitments in the coming months as it is.

Ek4HnyPW0AI0yR3

14 Big Ten universities, ranked by annoyingness

https://mooncrew.substack.com/p/14-big-ten-universities-ranked-by

2. Ohio State
Meathead Overlords. The Spray-Tan Empire. The university was bankrolled in large part by the man who gave Jeffery Epstein all his money.

The worst thing in that collection of outright slander of the Ohio State University is the documented truth. That’s where we start with Ohio State: The truth is always worse than anything one can make up.

That truth is real, real, real bad. Their fans really are all variations on the cops Ralph Steadman drew for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Their commitment to football is so total and so divorced from the rest of campus life that Justin Fields openly admitted in the media that COVID quarantine wouldn’t be that different than the usual because they didn’t see the rest of campus much. Their greatest coach ended his career by punching a player on the field and believed civilians could be massacred in combat as long as they were older than five or maybe six years old. Their stadium feels like a mausoleum for dead fascist weightlifters. Buck-I-Guy shows up to funerals and signs things like he’s on the team.

The least endearing habit Ohio State has as a fanbase is believing everyone would like to know their take on the situation – all of the situations, actually, at all times. Their most endearing trait is how morbidly funny most of their disasters are. Buck-I-Guy really did show up to a funeral and sign a team photo. Woody Hayes really did pop Charlie Bauman in the jaw on national TV, the Bucks really do lose to Purdue every four years for no reason whatsoever, and they really did lose another coach over some illicit tattoos. If America is Hellworld, then Ohio remains its dull, fiery furnace, a place where petty sadnesses have to be laughed at by anyone with a conscience just to maintain a veneer of sanity, and where the conscienceless celebrate the blessing of being on fire 24/7.

Someone is emailing me right now from a CrossFit in Akron to tell me how wrong I am. This is why Ohio State is a perennial top-five team. The commitment never sleeps, even when all I want to do is close my eyes and not think about how much I didn’t respect Braxton Miller when he was a college player.

But the Ohio State fan never sleeps. I can hear him typing this from outside my bedroom window, because he is definitely the type of rube who never turned off the keystroke noises on his iPhone.

Ah, so this does not talk about basketball at all. Good to know.

Outside of Purdue fans, you have to look fairly hard for people who really dislike IU football. Sadly, that is the plight of sustained irrelevance.

Back