• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you vote for Trump?

Did you vote for Trump in the 2016 national presidential election?

• Total voters
Yep, he was known. Just bullshit justification from dishonest people who don’t have intelligent or genuine arguments.

There were plenty of people who kept trying to warn the nation in 2016 about Trump. One of them was his ghostwriter for his book The Art of the Deal. He kept telling people in 2016 that Trump was unqualified and unfit to be POTUS. He most certainly was a known quantity, the problem is that a vast number of people simply chose to ignore that and vote for him anyway. Electing a man who was basically a slumlord, blowhard self-promoter, and reality-tv show star who named everything after himself to be your national leader was always a crazy idea, and yet here we are.

And at that time, the Republican Party was the liberal party. Your ignorance or dishonesty is dripping.

What a pathetic way to get around your supporting a CURRENT racist!!

Why won't you answer why you voted for someone who has been in the public eye for over forty years and for all that time has been an unapologetic racist? You voted to support racism.

Learn to read.

I said it was old history

I have said here and before I voted Trump because I could not vote for Hillary

Learn to read.

You still haven’t answered what makes Hillary a terrible person and/or candidate.

What were your expectations of Trump? Has he met them?

Learn to read.

And you expect us to believe that after you pulled out every stereotypical Republican racist rationalization in the book a few posts ago?

Learn to read.

So, you voted for promoting and expanding racism. Got it!

Come on RJ are you really this shallow?

Usually people put rj on ignore, silk must have it reversed where rj’s posts are the only ones he sees. Weird.

Come on RJ are you really this shallow?

Trump had done this in public for almost half a century. He has done it in public. It was the first thing he talked about when declaring his candidacy. There has not been a doubt about his racism nearly half a century. You KNEW you were voting a David Duke or Tom Metzger.

You candy coat anything you want, but the truth is you voted for someone who shown his racism at every turn and showed it over and over during the campaign.

You can't support Trump without supporting his racist words and acts. It's who he is and the world knows it.

She was actually the most qualified presidential candidate we've ever had.

She was actually the most qualified presidential candidate we've ever had.

Yep, she was definitely up there. Hillary had vast experience working in the federal government at many different levels, and whatever her flaws there was no doubt (except from right-wing conspiracy nuts) that she was at least competent to do the job. Her opponent's main qualifications appeared to be that he was the host of a reality-tv show where he yelled "you're fired!" at people, that he was a blowhard bigot who dared to say things that many OWGs wished they could say in public but wouldn't, and his supposed business acumen, which was known to be largely a myth by 2016. In other words, he had no qualifications to be POTUS. And yet here we are.

Her biggest flaw as a candidate, IMO, is that lots of people had spent a lot of time hating her. They hated for mostly really irrational and sexist reasons, but they still did.

And you supported a Dem

You know the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, fought against the Voting Rights Act, and slavery.

There was, more recently, a Supreme Court vote on the Voting Rights Act. Which judges struck it down?

Silk is totally dishonest. He knows it was Republican governors and statehouses that RECENTLY challenged the Voting Rights Act and a Republican Supreme Court that got rid of rid.

His total dishonesty on this subject shows perfectly why he voted for a racist pathological liar.

Silk, if I concede your premise that Trump was unknown in 2016, is it fair to say that he’s known now?

Would you still vote for him over Clinton?

Back