• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you vote for Trump?

Did you vote for Trump in the 2016 national presidential election?

• Total voters
Hillary is a turrible turrible person. Because...that’s whut everbody I listen to on the radio an’ Fox News says!

I appreciate the honesty of people saying they voted for trump but Christ, still defending him and saying Hilary would be worse is so bad given the last 3 years and the current pandemic. Just shows the vote for trump stems from a years long Fox News and conservative radio/video blitzkrieg re: any Dem is bad ! Just own it, even privately, that he is objectively worse than any human being. What more evidence do you need?

I voted for Deez Nutz and I still maintain that I voted for the best candidate. Trump is awful but Hillary wouldn't have handled this any better, she would have fucked it up in a different but equally stupifying way. It is like choosing between Wellman and Currie, they are both fucking awful; one of them has a long public history of being awful, while the other technically has less experience but has managed to be spectacularly awful in a shorter time.

I voted for Deez Nutz and I still maintain that I voted for the best candidate. Trump is awful but Hillary wouldn't have handled this any better, she would have fucked it up in a different but equally stupifying way. It is like choosing between Wellman and Currie, they are both fucking awful; one of them has a long public history of being awful, while the other technically has less experience but has managed to be spectacularly awful in a shorter time.

How so? Be specific.

Hillary was a terrible candidate and screwed things up badly. However, as a senator and bureaucrat, she was extremely capable. After 9/11, she was masterful in helping people. Any concept that she wouldn't have handled Covid-19 dramatically better and that there wouldn't have been fewer deaths thus far and into the future is irrational.

Trump has fucked this up worse than any POTUS in history has handled a crisis. He has made W's handling of Katrina look like a textbook example of good management.

How so? Be specific.

I don't think she would have pushed for the angle of the stimulus that will, hopefully, get most of the non-affected citizens through this. She would have gone for an Obama-style bottom-up approach that would have had the minimal affects that his failed programs did, which would have been amplified due to the screeching halt of the economy. I think the current administration, while a fucking shitshow with regard to the medical aspects and leadership, has done an admirable job of understanding what the workforce will need to survive through June/July. Hillary, while likely better on the medical care side of things, would have crashed and burned with understanding how the economic relief needs to flow.

I don't think she would have pushed for the angle of the stimulus that will, hopefully, get most of the non-affected citizens through this. She would have gone for an Obama-style bottom-up approach that would have had the minimal affects that his failed programs did, which would have been amplified due to the screeching halt of the economy. I think the current administration, while a fucking shitshow with regard to the medical aspects and leadership, has done an admirable job of understanding what the workforce will need to survive through June/July. Hillary, while likely better on the medical care side of things, would have crashed and burned with understanding how the economic relief needs to flow.

Ok.

"Obama-style bottom-up approach?" Please explain.

Yeah, a one time $1200 check should help people with zero income pay rent and bills until July. Good call.

If there had been a proper medical/science based response from the beginning, we wouldn’t have needed to shut down the economy for months.

lol

I'm no Hillary fan, but she wouldn't have waited two months to start getting testing and other logistics in order to the point where the economy was gonna have a six-month timeout in the first place

Facepalm

His "failed programs" created the longest continuous economic expansion in US history.

My bad, I shouldn't expect 2&2 to know about the subject he posts.

this is asinine. dude she has been in government for over 40 years, at the state and federal level, through several recessions and catastrophes and economic stimuli.

The Hillary wouldnt do any better is some of the dumbest shit possible to say. Take away all the negative about trump, all the dumb things and instead concentrate on the people he surrounds himself with. If trump was the same narcissistic orange shit stain asshole that he has always been but somehow had the one trait of listening and surrounding himself with experts then yeah it wouldn't really matter.

Hillary clearly would have handled the disaster response side better than Trump but I'm not sure the economic package would have looked any different.

Hillary clearly would have handled the disaster response side better than Trump but I'm not sure the economic package would have looked any different.
Probably not much different since the composition of Congress wouldn't have been much different.

If she handled the preparation better, the economic package would likely have been dramatically lower.

Back