• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you vote for Trump?

Did you vote for Trump in the 2016 national presidential election?

• Total voters
Yeah, a one time $1200 check should help people with zero income pay rent and bills until July. Good call.

If there had been a proper medical/science based response from the beginning, we wouldn’t have needed to shut down the economy for months.

Annnnnnd there we have the Dem understanding of what was just passed in a nutshell. I'll go back to ignoring the Tunnels. It was a nice few minutes though.

Two things, who do you define as the “bottom” of our economy? Second, what did trump do in regards to leadership on this stimulus package?

this is asinine. dude she has been in government for over 40 years, at the state and federal level, through several recessions and catastrophes and economic stimuli.

Ron Wellman was an AD for 25+ years too, before handing out the worst contract in the history of AD contracts.

I mean, the problem here isn't the disaster recovery package, it's the disaster.

Two things, who do you define as the “bottom” of our economy? Second, what did trump do in regards to leadership on this stimulus package?

He sat back and waited for Pelosi and Schumer to do the heavy lifting, for McConnell to add an appropriate measure of grift and pork, and held public conferences undermining the process the whole time. You know, leadership.

Annnnnnd there we have the Dem understanding of what was just passed in a nutshell. I'll go back to ignoring the Tunnels. It was a nice few minutes though.
From the idiot who shows a third grade level of understanding of finance in his rants about the Wake Forest athletic director

Last edited:
He sat back and waited for Pelosi and Schumer to do the heavy lifting, for McConnell to add an appropriate measure of grift and pork, and held public conferences undermining the process the whole time. You know, leadership.

I'll bet Hillary's pressers wouldn't beat MNF numbers

2and2 dusting off the “Wes Miller defense” for his vote. An unprovable hypothetical based on nothing. Hillary would certainly have done as bad as trump for...reasons. Impressive.

I'm looking forward to the chance to vote for Biden in the general, and will most likely contribute financially to his campaign.

^This. Given that most of the better parts of this bill came from the House and Senate Dem leadership, Hillary would almost certainly have gotten a very similar stimulus package to what Trump did. Trump's "leadership" on this stimulus package was virtually nil, as has been his "leadership" on virtually everything associated with the pandemic. How anyone could say that Hillary would have handled all this no better than Trump is truly mind-boggling. I'm not a huge Hillary fan myself, but she almost certainly would have been far more competent in dealing with all this than Trump. Among many other things, she wouldn't be dumping her responsibilities onto the individual states, posting nasty tweets about governors she didn't like, and contradicting herself pretty much every other day.

How anyone can claim trump isn't showing great leadership and sacrifice is beyond me. He's not played golf in DAYS! He's personally signing EVERY check that is going out. Biggly! Some of YOU PEOPLE are suffering from a severe case TDS. Sad. You should rush right down to the ER for treatment!

let's be honest, Trump has been an abortion of a president and his handling of this pandemic has been just as bad. all of this was expected and was expressed, in detail, from 2016. you put a career criminal in the office of the highest power and you have our current situation. why anyone would vote for this charlatan is beyond me and it really shows the mental and moral character of those that did vote for him...you should be ashamed! at least my wife's family, that i tried to tell them what/who they were voting for in 2016 have all seen the light and view his as the POS that he really is.

as much as i was not a Hillary fan, everything that the GOP claims that she did was investigated and found no wrongdoing.

It's occurring to me lately just how defensive Trump supporters are, they remind me of the jump circle defenders in Cameron whenever Duke lost a game there. They really short-circuit whenever anyone presents them with an opinion they didn't get from Fox news. My 80 year old Fox News neighbor started in today on Cuomo and how he was too late in issuing a lockdown, and she didn't like my question regarding how come the federal government didn't issue anything nationwide instead. After not engaging her in any politician discussions for years I think I finally reached my breaking point.

Yep. Also it's really funny to me when conservatives complain about being "bullied" (aka confronted with a different opinion) by liberals while in the same breath either tacitly or directly supporting Trump who has made a career with bullying and uses the presidential pulpit to bully on a daily basis. Saw those "bullying" takes from sports board conservative posters. made me laugh.

It's occurring to me lately just how defensive Trump supporters are, they remind me of the jump circle defenders in Cameron whenever Duke lost a game there. They really short-circuit whenever anyone presents them with an opinion they didn't get from Fox news. My 80 year old Fox News neighbor started in today on Cuomo and how he was too late in issuing a lockdown, and she didn't like my question regarding how come the federal government didn't issue anything nationwide instead. After not engaging her in any politician discussions for years I think I finally reached my breaking point.

And the harder it gets to defend the indefensible the more sensitive, angry, and agitated they become. It gets to the point that almost any negative comment about Dear Leader touches a nerve, and sets off a rant or two.

And the harder it gets to defend the indefensible the more sensitive, angry, and agitated they become. It gets to the point that almost any negative comment about Dear Leader touches a nerve, and sets off a rant or two.

Glad it's not just me then. I feel guilty for engaging my neighbor in the discussion in the first place, but especially after the last day or so of accusing healthcare workers of stealing supplies and selling them on the black market, as well as his ratings tweet, I just wasn't in the mood.

So 2&2 admits Hilary would've handled the Public Health response better. That's good. Seeing as though Obama guided us out of a recession and the market improved under his watch, it's odd that he can definitively state that Hilary wouldn't handle the economic response well.

Back