• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia; MAFIA WINS

what 80s movies hold up...if you were around at the time, the jokes still hold

Real Genius is still great. There are a ton that hold up - vacations, Ghostbusters, ferris - I just watched trading spaces and it was good too. Top Secret is just boring for at least half the movie.

Raising Arizona holds up great.

The Jerk was the other one that came to mind, but think it's '79.

Airplane! is 1980 and great

depending on your taste, some of the John Cusack movies are still just as campy now as they were in the 80s

ah fuck i used the word "concomitant" in a work email last week

perhaps the only thing worse than corporate buzzwords is using ten cent words when five cent words will do just as well

The ones that hold up are mostly the emotional John Hughes ones. Those themes are timeless.

Most of the comedies haven’t aged well. Except Airplane!

Good morning all.

Knight (6) - BBD, dv7, Juice, ryala, Ph, Nonny
GAT (3) - rommy, damo, gouda
bern (3) - mako, Knight, tim
Da (3) - redwing, GoalieMom. tcc
numbers (2) - bym, toogs
gouda (2) - GAT, numbers
Nonny (2) - shiny, bern
damo (1) - Eagles
dv7 (1) - Townie
toogs (1) - SD3
Ph (1) - WFU03
rommy (1) - Da
bym (1) - JMan

YTV: None

:numbers enters mafia chat last game:

"Whats up guys, I'm xxx and I get a vig hit one night, let's do this"

:proceeds to have 3 more powers that he didn't disclose and dies day 1:

Hey to be fair I was erring on the side of caution because WFU03 said he wanted to let us individually disclose roles and with a closed game I thought there was a chance one of us could try to become world leader and win on our own. Also my roles became clarified well before I burnt out on the eternal day one.

ah fuck i used the word "concomitant" in a work email last week

perhaps the only thing worse than corporate buzzwords is using ten cent words when five cent words will do just as well

Ill take a word I thought was a misspelling for $400 Alex.

The ones that hold up are mostly the emotional John Hughes ones. Those themes are timeless.

Most of the comedies haven’t aged well. Except Airplane!

Someone else mentioned them earlier, but Naked Gun movies still hold up very well. Also, most Bill Murray stuff.

Apparently, Steve Martin now tours the US playing a banjo concert. Thats life goals.

Oooh, and I think UHF still holds up.

Back