• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia; MAFIA WINS

Oooh, and I think UHF still holds up.

It was pretty bad to begin with. There are some decent one liners, like kramer doing eye spy blindfolded, or the badgers or you so stupid - but would put it more in the Top Secret category.

It was pretty bad to begin with. There are some decent one liners, like kramer doing eye spy blindfolded, or the badgers or you so stupid - but would put it more in the Top Secret category.

same with Bachelor Party.

We’re just gonna have to disagree on UHF.

There was a gay character on Cheers? I never watched it.

Not a main character, no, but in season 1 Sam finds out one of his old baseball buddies is gay and then the whole bar freaks the fuck out that their bar is going to turn into a gay bar but Diane chastises them and then it ends by two dudes kissing Norm and *bam* homophobia solved.

27 players with a weekend day 1 and we're only 11 pages deep an hour before the deadline.

[video]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DecimalScratchyBlackbear-mobile.mp4[/video]

Not a main character, no, but in season 1 Sam finds out one of his old baseball buddies is gay and then the whole bar freaks the fuck out that their bar is going to turn into a gay bar but Diane chastises them and then it ends by two dudes kissing Norm and *bam* homophobia solved.

I feel like Millennials have really abandoned the practical idea of incremental change.

We’re just gonna have to disagree on UHF.

I think it holds up for those of us old enough to remember public TV. However, showing it to your kids may result in a high volume of eye rolls.

In Season 1? That’s very bold for the 80s.

Who was the first gay main character on TV? Not necessarily lead like Ellen when she came out.

Apparently, Steve Martin now tours the US playing a banjo concert. Thats life goals.

I saw him and Martin Short and the steep canyon rangers do a show at DPAC. 50% silly comedy, 50% earnest bluegrass music. It was a great show.

I feel like Millennials have really abandoned the practical idea of incremental change.

may be the fact that i work at a technology company (sort of) and Moore's law during my lifetime has seen computers grow from like 16MB to petabytes and petabytes of processing power

the pace of technological change has so outpaced our ability of our culture and of human beings to react to it, meaningfully wrangle it, and ultimately, properly govern it

it's to me, other than climate change, going to be the biggest issue for millennials to deal with

actual social change has happened lightning fast by comparison in some areas. i'm sure it doesn't feel that way for a 40+ year old homosexual but we went from 80s AIDS crisis to 90s relative cultural acceptance to 00s gay marriages to 10s trans rights activism. compare that to social justice issues that are basically stuck in reconstruction era civil rights law, and it does feel like you can have transformational social change quickly.

some super cringey sexism and racism though

I feel like Airplane! does a pretty good job of playing into and acknowledging some of those issues in a lighthearted way. Not all of it is great by today's standards, but it definitely isn't mean spirited.

I went back and watched a bunch of Monty Python episodes last year, and there were definitely big issues there. Which made me sad, because I wasn't aware of the problems when I was really into it in high school.

Comedies are more a snapshot of their time than dramas, but there can still be great ones worth watching today. I think Ghostbusters is one of the best comedies ever, but I'd put a Marx Brothers or Cary Grant film right there with it.

This absolutely makes me feel good about my vote this round.

may be the fact that i work at a technology company (sort of) and Moore's law during my lifetime has seen computers grow from like 16MB to petabytes and petabytes of processing power

the pace of technological change has so outpaced our ability of our culture and of human beings to react to it, meaningfully wrangle it, and ultimately, properly govern it

it's to me, other than climate change, going to be the biggest issue for millennials to deal with

actual social change has happened lightning fast by comparison in some areas. i'm sure it doesn't feel that way for a 40+ year old homosexual but we went from 80s AIDS crisis to 90s relative cultural acceptance to 00s gay marriages to 10s trans rights activism. compare that to social justice issues that are basically stuck in reconstruction era civil rights law, and it does feel like you can have transformational social change quickly.

it's also a lot easier to lament the lack of incremental change when you've always been a part of the in-group

Back