• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

You know, if you don’t admit people with Covid-19 then the Covid hospitalizations go way down. I’m starting to agree with Drumpf logic.

The National Religious Broadcasters fired their spokesman for being pro-vaccine.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...d-nrb-covid-vaccine-morning-joe-usa-toda.html

Daniel Darling, an evangelical author and the spokesman for NRB (National Religious Broadcasters), spoke out this month about his decision to get the COVID-19 vaccine in an op-ed in USA Today and a segment on MSNBC.

As of Friday, his remarks cost him his job with the ministry.

Darling was fired from NRB this week when he refused to sign a statement saying his pro-vaccine messaging amounted to insubordination, a source told CT on his behalf.

Darling joined NRB as its senior vice president of communications in April 2020, after a six-year stint as the vice president for communications at the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC).
NRB, which calls itself the largest association of Christian communicators, has more than 1,100 members working in Christian radio, TV, and other media. Part of the group’s purpose, it says, is to advocate for the “free speech rights of our members.”

This summer, the spread of the delta variant has officials and community leaders once again urging vaccination. White evangelicals have become less hesitant toward the COVID-19 vaccine than they were in the spring, but in recent surveys, they still lag behind Americans overall.
Darling described how the vaccine has been shown to save lives and how he didn’t want to see anyone else die unnecessarily from the coronavirus. He lamented how a growing lack of trust in institutions played a factor in the current divides over the vaccine.
“There are not many things in the world today that are worthy of our trust, but I sincerely believe the COVID-19 vaccine is one of them,” Darling wrote in an August 1 op-ed in USA Today. “As a Christian and an American, I was proud to get it.”
He discussed the piece on Morning Joe, similarly telling host Joe Scarborough, “When we get a vaccine we not only protect ourselves, but we are also doing our part to keep from spreading the virus and hurting our neighbors.”

"Love thy neighbor" is not part of white evangelical orthodoxy.

What a bizarre position to stake out- don’t trust medical professionals.

Reagan is laughing at you dumbshits from hell.

They just wanted to cut their taxes and keep government out of their racism and a few generations later, their nonsense is killing their own people.

They just wanted to cut their taxes and keep government out of their racism and a few generations later, their nonsense is killing their own people.

Yep.

It’s fascinatingly farcical how they were led from “government…get off my back” to “the science is ridiculous” etc

What a bunch of maroons

What a bizarre position to stake out- don’t trust medical professionals.

Reagan is laughing at you dumbshits from hell.

Hope he's crying about the generation he destroyed with his racism and lies because they are working really hard to destroy America.

Yep.

It’s fascinatingly farcical how they were led from “government…get off my back” to “the science is ridiculous” etc

What a bunch of maroons

Perhaps some of it is indoctrination that buying something with their own money is better than government buying it with tax dollars. I wonder if conservatives would get vaccinated if it was something they could buy for $50 and inject themselves.

Perhaps some of it is indoctrination that buying something with their own money is better than government buying it with tax dollars. I wonder if conservatives would get vaccinated if it was something they could buy for $50 and inject themselves.

If they knew poor people and poc couldn't afford it? Absolutely.

Yep

We just need to market the vaccine differently for Republicans.

Tell them it’ll cost a bit, and there’s not enough for everyone.

And that they should see a doctor right away for erections lasting longer than 4 hours after getting vaccinated.

Reminds me of this meme.

As someone wrote in the replies "You're gonna die, but you're going to heaven, so no worries!" The Evangelical mindset is truly a wonder to behold.

Follow up to an earlier post - the Texas "Freedom Fighter" against vaccines and masking has died.

[h=1]Liberty University in Virginia orders campus-wide quarantine amid Covid spike[/h]The number of cases among students and staff jumped from 40 last week to 159 on Saturday.

Last week, 40 students and staff members had tested positive for Covid. The current spike surpasses the previous high of 141 cases last September when nearly 1,200 people connected with the campus were quarantined.

As the university began its fall semester this week, it lifted building capacity restrictions and distancing and masking requirements. It also does not require vaccination.
The university changed its protocol late Thursday to enact the campus-wide quarantine, move classes online and suspend large, indoor gatherings.

Why would anyone give to his GoFundMe? He gambled with his health and lost. Personal freedom, etc., so stop gifting.

Back