• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

This guy did NOT want to wear a mask.

Good grief.

Do we know that masks were really the cause of the tirade?

Regardless, that guy should never be allowed to fly again.

He wasn’t wearing a mask. Seems likely. Where the hell was security? Dude was at a gate, flipped out, threatened people, picked up an object, threw a punch, and was yelling and cursing the whole time. Nothing for that 60 seconds and presumably whatever happened before that.

[h=1]Vaccine Refusers Don’t Get to Dictate Terms Anymore[/h]People who opt out of shots shouldn’t expect their employers, health insurers, and fellow citizens to accommodate them.

By Juliette Kayyem

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...refusers-hesitancy-mandates-fda-delta/619918/

Public-health officials can keep trying to figure out ways to persuade the unvaccinated to get shots, and maybe at this late point they can still discover some new message that succeeds where all others have failed. If so, that would be fantastic. But begging is not a strategy. It is not a coincidence that many of the entities pushing hardest for mandatory vaccination are in industries—higher education, travel, entertainment—that have been badly disrupted by unpredictable waves of infection and are existentially threatened by a pandemic that goes on without end.

People in the crisis-management field have made peace with blanket one-size-fits-all policies that some individuals don’t like. When a ship is going down, passengers aren’t given the luxury of quibbling with the color or design of the life vest, and they can’t dither forever about whether to put one on or not. Emergencies invariably force people to make some choices that they might not consider ideal, but asking everyone to get vaccinated against a potentially lethal virus is not a big imposition. Ironically, by talking as if everyone, given enough time, will eventually choose the shot, public-health agencies may have understated the urgency of the matter and invited the vaccine-hesitant to dwell on the decision indefinitely.
Sorry. Time’s up.

Up to this point, many employers and medical providers—wary of offending anyone—have been careful to describe vaccination as a deeply personal decision. Vaccination mandates are essentially a recognition that vaccinated people have feelings too, and that the burden of fighting the pandemic shouldn’t be on them alone.
I know, I know: I should try harder to understand the feelings of unvaccinated Americans. Being more patient and empathetic would make me sound nicer. But do you know what’s really nice? Going back to school safely. Traveling without feeling vulnerable. Seeing a nation come back to life.

At some point, we need to grapple with the fact that a large percentage of Americans are cruel people who have no desire to be a responsible part of a free and fair society.

Good grief.

Do we know that masks were really the cause of the tirade?

Regardless, that guy should never be allowed to fly again.

Maybe not - he was military so they took him to a hospital for treatment. No mention of any arrest, though it sounds like he had just assaulted his gf in the bathroom as well. Mask may have been the least of his issues.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/28/military-veteran-hospitalized-following-violent-outburst-at-miami-airport/

Thanks. It's interesting that we assume a veteran who does something shitty has PTSD instead of just being a violent shithead who beat his girlfriend. A regular person who did that wouldn't simply go to the hospital.

Whatever. Let's discuss it on another thread.

I thought you couldn’t publicly threaten the lives of public officials and politicians. Maybe that’s just something I assumed.

I thought you couldn’t publicly threaten the lives of public officials and politicians. Maybe that’s just something I assumed.

I've seen a ton of this in the last couple months. If it's a criminal act, it sure as hell isn't being treated like one.

Can't we just like get all these wanna be rambos an X-box gamepass subscription and let em play all the call of duty their little hearts desire?

so now Europe is going to ban americans from nonessential travel again? Great, thanks asshole americans.

That’s a coup. A violent coup. A Republican candidate for Governor is inciting a coup.

Seriously, I thought this stuff was illegal. The first amendment doesn’t cover threats and coups.

Republicans will stop at nothing to own the liberals. If Congress does not pass voting rights, we will have a Republican dictatorship.

welp. about 50% of my company has COVID. Mainly the white guys in the back on the manufacturing side.

4 of the 5 black guys in the company are vaccinated and 4 of the 5 have not caught COVID.

Majority of the white Trump rubes are not vaccinated and...Well, you guessed it.

7 of the 10 in the front office are vaccinated and 2 of the 3 who aren't also caught the variant.

This shit is out of control. The other one who has not caught it and isn't vaccinated has said she has no plans of getting the shot. Can't make this shit up.

i mean physically removing the school board from a room doesn't make them not the school board

giphy_s.gif

Back