• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Joe Rogan is a classic case of someone thinking they’re smarter than they are.

He’s not the only one who thinks he’s smarter than he is. Seems like back in the day someone like Joe Rogan would be considered funny or entertaining, maybe likable even. But nobody would consider him smart or a leader. Nowadays there are many people who think he's just that. It's nuts that the Fear Factor guy is this cultural icon who people follow.

not as nuts as electing the host of the apprentice as president

How did this Ivermectin thing become so controversial? What is the background on it.

How did this Ivermectin thing become so controversial? What is the background on it.

TL/DR summary

-Came around same time as hydroxychloroquine but not pushed but Trump
-Other countries take it because well they have parasites, they seem to have less covid
-Studies done to see if it works, at first seems there is something there, but studies flawed get retracted by authors
-Grift doctors, the group that advised Trump on chloroquine, amongst others begin prescribing it
-Also pushed by all the other grifters
-Rubes don’t want to get the free vaccine because fuck intelligence
-Ivermectin sells out, find out it exists over the counter in animal doses

TL/DR summary

-Other countries take it because well they have parasites, they seem to have less covid
-Studies done to see if it works, at first seems there is something there, but studies flawed get retracted by authors
-Grift doctors, the group that advised Trump on chloroquine, amongst others begin prescribing it
-???????
-Joe Rogan gets COVID

FIFY

TL/DR summary

this...

Rubes are so fucking dumb that they will take a drug not even tested for Covid over a vaccine specifically developed for the purpose of fighting Covid. it makes no sense to me...they claim it was not tested (well, the horse deworming has a almost zero), or not FDA approved (it is now). of course i left out the brain damaged thoughts about government microchips or it causes cancer or changing your DNA...that is nonsensical bullshit.

TL/DR summary

So basically might be something there, maybe not, definitely overhyped by rubes.

What's the problem of taking it if it is prescribed at a safe and reasonable dose by a doctor, as long as it is not in replacement of a vaccine?

Need to spread the story that the Ivermectin pills are so big because they contain the bigger, older tracking g chips that get lodged in your intestines. They have these little fish hook like projections so they catch and stay. But the chips look just like the Ivermectin, so you won't see them if you break open the pills.

So basically might be something there, maybe not, definitely overhyped by rubes.

What's the problem of taking it if it is prescribed at a safe and reasonable dose by a doctor, as long as it is not in replacement of a vaccine?

Why would you take drugs you don't need?

But people aren't taking it in safe prescribed doses. They're going to feed stores and buying a paste they're mixing with jelly and serving on toast and shitting their brains out. Rubes don't trust drs, they trust Facebook.

as long as it is not in replacement of a vaccine?

Bahahaha sure find us a vaccinated person taking prescribed ivermectin or guzzling down feed store paste. Then even if you find that unicorn give me that ratio to the unvaccinated doing it.

But people aren't taking it in safe prescribed doses. They're going to feed stores and buying a paste they're mixing with jelly and serving on toast and shitting their brains out. Rubes don't trust drs, they trust Facebook.

I am trying to think back, but I am pretty sure I treated my dog in college with it for heartworms when I was too broke to do the thousand + dollar treatment from the vet. Bought that shit from a tractor supply store, and had to measure the dosing because it was for livestock. Worked tho.

No problem at all -- I think you should take the gel kind right up the ass and report back.

I know of a family where the dad is an EMT and yet they are homeschooling their second grader because they don't believe in masks.

The grifters have gotten much better about (a) presenting the material in ways that *seem* very scientific and evidence based, even if they are not; and, (b) finding kooks with impressive sounding credentials (Robert Walton, "inventor of mRNA vaccine techonology!" and Michael Yeadon "former head of respiratory research at Pfizer!" for example) that manage to sound convincing to people, especially those with a natural tendency to distrust "the establishment."

And there's just so much of it out there. I'll get stuff send to me from family members and it'll be like a 45 minute long video. Sure I can debunk each claim, but it's exhausting. Takes a while to properly debunk something, and meanwhile, 8 more videos flashed across their feed.

I am trying to think back, but I am pretty sure I treated my dog in college with it for heartworms when I was too broke to do the thousand + dollar treatment from the vet. Bought that shit from a tractor supply store, and had to measure the dosing because it was for livestock. Worked tho.

It worked…to deworm your dog. As intended. Why is this anecdote relevant to the discussion of using it on a virus.

And I think it’s way overstating and even misleading to summarize LG’s post as “might be something there, maybe not”

Back