• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I don't think anything that you just said about strains and mutation rates is correct.

As far as vaccines by November there will most likely be preliminary data from the current trials being run that enroll 30,000 or so people that point to the safety and efficacy at large levels. It changes nothing about when the vaccine will actually be widely available which will be beginning of 2021 at large scale if successful. Now with almost a week or two before the election the notion there is an effective vaccine available be hyped up and the cornavirus problem cured, almost certainly.

There are a number of articles on mutations. Most are believed to behave similarly and therefore vaccine would work on most, but lots of questions on that front. Just as a flu vaccine only covers 4 strains so many still get flu as different strains end up prevailing that vaccine doesn’t cover. So it will likely be with Covid. At least according to Gates, Fauci and many others.

people who know things, Fauci talking about a November vaccine

what does that actually mean?

There are a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" in his statement. The biggest was needing the 30,000 vaccine trial volunteers to be in areas where enough get exposed to see if it really works. Sounded like Fauci was being very optimistic in that particular statement.

Many vaccine development candidates are in the pipeline because there are different ways of making vaccines. Some use different parts of the virus to entice the body's immune system to produce antibodies that then protect against the live virus. We will see which ones prove to be effective.

And then, once there is a reasonably proven safe and effective vaccine, there is the business of producing billions of doses and getting them to the people. That is a massive logistics effort.

109353605_183442449802017_6846140180047752055_n.jpg

How many countries don't want to allow 'mericans to enter again?

Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is one of the few U.S. agencies that actually have been doing research and planning for a scenario like the Covid-19 virus.

Washington Post article about their progress toward treatment.

DARPA Corona virus

So I am probably pretty dumb for even bringing this up. But on the whole "Bill Gates is going to microchip every one via the C19 vaccine" conspiracy theory ... aren't vaccines liquid? And aren't they administered via a syringe? If so, how the hell could you even implant a microchip that way? Again, sorry for even giving this one more than a second of thought, but it just blows my mind that people truly believe this crap.

So I am probably pretty dumb for even bringing this up. But on the whole "Bill Gates is going to microchip every one via the C19 vaccine" conspiracy theory ... aren't vaccines liquid? And aren't they administered via a syringe? If so, how the hell could you even implant a microchip that way? Again, sorry for even giving this one more than a second of thought, but it just blows my mind that people truly believe this crap.

These are the same people that think that a virus can escape a mask, but a carbon dioxide molecule can't. They don't know the size of things.

...and they’re walking around NC saying stupid shit like Cooper and Fauci are ruining us.

To be fair (tough I am not sure why I would be) the microchip you inject into pets is done via a needle.

just off the hip on this issue...

It would have to be a large trocar, maybe 18g or more (like they do with dog microchips). Animals have a lot of extra skin on their scruff (where most get their microchips). It is not that painful for them in this location (they continuously bite each other in this location).

I would think that a microchip on a human would still have to be given SC (like dogs/cats). I do not believe that any vaccine would be given SC with a needle that size, it would be very painful for most humans, and difficult to ensure the entire vaccine is absorbed. It just doesn't really make any sense.

I don't think we are there quite yet...at a mass level.

Sniffer dogs may be able to detect Covid in asymptomatic people. Training and proof of concept activities underway. This research was reported in the Washington Post.

Dog detecting Covid article

According to my Facebook feed OANN is touting ivermectin as the new miracle cure.
Turns out iv Vitamin C cures lots of stuff, too, but doctors don’t prescribe it because we don’t make any money off of it.

Back