• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

R/hermancainaward is going nuts. I swear it was 150k members 2 days ago and now it’s 220k. Basically every trumper who’s dying now was a proud anti Vaxxer and let errrbody know and the internet is memorializing it in remarkable fashion

Just read about 20 min of it. Craziness

A North Carolina school board member who voted against masks in his school district before voting for them asked for prayers after COVID-19 hospitalized him.

“Please say a little prayer for me tonight,” Cleveland County school board member Rodney Fitch posted on Facebook last Thursday. “I am in the hospital dealing with low oxygen levels thanks to Covid.”

Fitch ended his post with two emojis of hands together pointing skyward.

He has since provided no update on his condition.

On July 31, Fitch posted on Facebook that mask wearing should be each individual’s “freedom of choice.”

“I know many people who fought for the freedoms we have in this country,” Fitch posted. “If the mask truly work then if you wear your mask you should be protected from the folks that don’t. Hand washing should still be something we all are doing on a regular basis. This is my 2 cents worth on how I personally feel about mask.

“The virus is real but citizens of the country should have a choice,” he ended his post.

It was not immediately known if Fitch had received a COVID vaccination.

On Aug. 9, Fitch joined four other board members who voted against a motion to require students, teachers and staff to wear masks during the 2021-22 school year, The Shelby Star reported at the time. The motion failed 5-4, according to the Star.

On Aug. 18, the board voted again, this time mandating that masks be worn, WBTV reported.

Fitch, a Republican, joined six other members in voting in favor of masks during the Aug. 18 emergency session, the Star reported. It was not clear Tuesday why he changed his mind.

The board approved requiring masks in all school buildings during the instructional day due to a countywide increase in COVID-related illnesses, according to the Cleveland County Schools website.

Last edited:
and this...

The governor of Iowa has said she will appeal a temporary order by a federal judge that aims to allow schools to enforce use of face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which has killed more than 6,300 people in the state.

"We will appeal and exercise every legal option we have to uphold state law and defend the rights and liberties afforded to any American citizen protected by our constitution," Republican Governor Kim Reynolds said in a tweet

On Aug. 9, Fitch joined four other board members who voted against a motion to require students, teachers and staff to wear masks during the 2021-22 school year, The Shelby Star reported at the time. The motion failed 5-4, according to the Star.

On Aug. 18, the board voted again, this time mandating that masks be worn, WBTV reported.

Fitch, a Republican, joined six other members in voting in favor of masks during the Aug. 18 emergency session, the Star reported. It was not clear Tuesday why he changed his mind.

Republicans do not care about anything until it affects them.

I'm generally in favor of mask wearing.

Serious question: what happens during lunch at schools?

But it doesn't say when he contracted Covid and the Facebook post is locked.

What do you think changed his mind?

this...

“Please say a little prayer for me tonight,” Cleveland County school board member Rodney Fitch posted on Facebook last Thursday. “I am in the hospital dealing with low oxygen levels thanks to Covid.”

that has not been my experience at all

right. so then a few hundred kids and some adults are in close quarters with no masks for 15-20 minutes

The lunch process is different than what you remember, they eat lunch spaced out with a much lower cafeteria capacity.

The lunch process is different than what you remember, they eat lunch spaced out with a much lower cafeteria capacity.

my wife is a teacher.

I "remember" her experiences that she tells me about when she comes home from work.

maybe kids are spaced out 6 feet in some schools. Not every school; not even close.

Back