Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

According to my Facebook feed OANN is touting ivermectin as the new miracle cure.
    Turns out iv Vitamin C cures lots of stuff, too, but doctors donít prescribe it because we donít make any money off of it.
    Letís get this done!

I'm hearing rumors that sleeping on a mypillow inoculates you against covid. FDA expected to sign off on this within days effectively ending the pandemic as we know it. The Whitehouse is reviewing a plan to send one to every 'Merican in counties trump won in '16 ensuring his reelection thus leaving the possibility of a three peat in play. #Dynasty

ĎMurica, fuck yeah.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

For those with a better understanding of the terms and mechanisms involved, is this as promising as it appears for describing a potential infection and treatment path? https://elemental.medium.com/a-super...d-31cb8eba9d63

Quote Originally Posted by Baden View Post
    For those with a better understanding of the terms and mechanisms involved, is this as promising as it appears for describing a potential infection and treatment path? https://elemental.medium.com/a-super...d-31cb8eba9d63
    The bradykinin storm is an interesting premise. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure it will directly lead to a cure, but it certainly sheds some light on some of the COVID mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Baden View Post
    Easy cure: drink lots of milk, eat yogurt and cheese. Vitamin D kicks bradykinin's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Easy cure: drink lots of milk, eat yogurt and cheese. Vitamin D kicks bradykinin's ass.
    Yeah, that was the part where the write-up kind of veered off into voodoo land, but the big data approach to genetic analyses was interesting.

Uh huh.

haha he believes in science.

Is this what the 200 million HHS PR money is being spent on? Anyways even in their own ad they put a 12-18 month timeframe so vaccine in March or August it is, see ya then.

Astra Zeneca just reported an adverse reaction by one of its participants in Phase 3. Hopefully it won't halt things too long.

The pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca halted global trials of its coronavirus vaccine on Tuesday because of a serious and unexpected adverse reaction in a participant, the company said.

The trialís halt, which was first reported by Stat News, will allow the British-Swedish company to conduct a safety review. How long the hold will last is unclear.

In a statement, the company described the halt as a ďroutine action which has to happen whenever there is a potentially unexplained illness in one of the trials, while it is investigated, ensuring we maintain the integrity of the trials.Ē

In large trials like the ones AstraZeneca company is overseeing, the company said, participants do sometimes become sick by chance, but such illnesses ďmust be independently reviewed to check this carefully.Ē
    Last edited by DeacsPop; 09-08-2020 at 09:18 PM.

That third arm gonna be hard to cover up

CEO's of several big players and leaders for developing a vaccine for Covid have pledged to not pressure FDA for rapid review. They claim to want to prove safety and effectiveness.

Uh huh.

Someone caught autism?!?
    Birds are real.

Hopefully it won't halt things? Seriously?

Hopefully people won't get hurt in this mad scramble for an election day hail mary "vaccine." This is why you don't rush this stuff.

nothing will stop Operation WARP SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    Astra Zeneca just reported an adverse reaction by one of its participants in Phase 3. Hopefully it won't halt things too long.

The pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca halted global trials of its coronavirus vaccine on Tuesday because of a serious and unexpected adverse reaction in a participant, the company said.

The trialís halt, which was first reported by Stat News, will allow the British-Swedish company to conduct a safety review. How long the hold will last is unclear.

In a statement, the company described the halt as a ďroutine action which has to happen whenever there is a potentially unexplained illness in one of the trials, while it is investigated, ensuring we maintain the integrity of the trials.Ē

In large trials like the ones AstraZeneca company is overseeing, the company said, participants do sometimes become sick by chance, but such illnesses ďmust be independently reviewed to check this carefully.Ē

So yeah, it sounds like the person got transverse myelitis, which is an inflammatory syndrome that affects the spinal cord. I wasn't really familiar with this but know that it causes neurological dysfunction that affects the communication with the spinal cord and periphery nerves. Looks like it is most connected to viral infections and can damage myelin sheaths (covers/protects nerve cell fibers - like MS). we will have to see if this is directly related to the drug or from an external/unrelated incident (infection or virus). let's see how well they were screening patients.

Quote Originally Posted by warak View Post
    So yeah, it sounds like the person got transverse myelitis, which is an inflammatory syndrome that affects the spinal cord. I wasn't really familiar with this but know that it causes neurological dysfunction that affects the communication with the spinal cord and periphery nerves. Looks like it is most connected to viral infections and can damage myelin sheaths (covers/protects nerve cell fibers - like MS). we will have to see if this is directly related to the drug or from an external/unrelated incident (infection or virus). let's see how well they were screening patients.
    I haven't read about this case, but if the patient did get transverse myelitis, then it is likely from the vaccine, and it will be extremely difficult to prove it is not from the vaccine. It is somewhat similar to Guillain-Barre syndrome, which is inflammation of the nerves, which can happen after a vaccination (though it is extremely rare).