• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Rafi - Thanks for the response and understand that no tests or perfect and for many diseases a blood test is not going to make a diagnosis. My comments were intended to be specific to Covid and to this study in particular so I appreciate your clarification.

And in no way shape or form do I think I know more about medical studies than a doctor. Just trying to better understand self reporting symptoms vs. blood tests to measure Covid transmission in this study.

To no one's surprise Sig misrepresented my questions but that shouldn't be a shock coming from the same person who was gullible enough to believe Rebekah Jones was a FL Covid scientist.

Sorry... make that congressional candidate, "scientist and whistleblower" Rebekah Jones

Rafi - Thanks for the response and understand that no tests or perfect and for many diseases a blood test is not going to make a diagnosis. My comments were intended to be specific to Covid and to this study in particular so I appreciate your clarification.

And in no way shape or form do I think I know more about medical studies than a doctor. Just trying to better understand self reporting symptoms vs. blood tests to measure Covid transmission in this study.

To no one's surprise Sig misrepresented my questions but that shouldn't be a shock coming from the same person who was gullible enough to believe Rebekah Jones was a FL Covid scientist.

Gotcha. Essentially all clinical studies are limited by time and money. In an ideal study, they would have done PCR tests on everyone that became symptomatic, but that just isn't feasible with 340,000 participants. So, they made frequent phone calls to all participants and did a seroprevalence antibody study of 11,000 participants, both of which showed that masks (both cloth and surgical, with surgical working better) clearly reduced the spread of COVID. The large sample size and randomized design make this the definitive study on masking.

Sorry... make that congressional candidate, "scientist and whistleblower" Rebekah Jones

While the Congressional pedophile prince goes unmentioned. Nice priorities col!

How about ask if everyone is vaccinated? Then they have to out the other couple.

Yeah, the problem is these assholes that aren't vaccinated, the wife is my wife's BEST friend. If we ask the host to clarify everyone's status, they will know we outed them.
My point to her is they know how we feel and they should just back out of the invite but it hasn't happened yet.

Small insignificant shit, I get it. But just an example of how this is breaking up friendships and I would imagine some cases, families.

I’ve spent time with an unvaccinated person but it was 1 on 1. I think it’s common courtesy to not invite an unvaccinated person to a group thing without everyone in the group knowing

I’ve spent time with an unvaccinated person but it was 1 on 1. I think it’s common courtesy to not invite an unvaccinated person to a group thing without everyone in the group knowing

Agreed; the problem is the unvaccinated are usually the first to stick their chests out and declare "their choice" but last to volunteer their status for fear of being ostracized.
So, if you host it should be your responsibility to ask the question.

If you care about it.

I'd just be up front and say, thanks so much for inviting us but we aren't gathering with groups of people indoors without being assured that everyone is vaccinated and being careful.

Yeah, the problem is these assholes that aren't vaccinated, the wife is my wife's BEST friend. If we ask the host to clarify everyone's status, they will know we outed them.
My point to her is they know how we feel and they should just back out of the invite but it hasn't happened yet.

Small insignificant shit, I get it. But just an example of how this is breaking up friendships and I would imagine some cases, families.

Tell them you are sick and worried you have a break through infection and that you are going to lay low for several weeks just to be safe.

Supposed to have routine dentist appointment...called the office to inquire if the hygienist and dentist are vaccinated. Response was "it would be a HIPAA violation" to provide that information.

1. It would only be a HIPAA violation if those folks have not given permission for that specific information to be released. It would not be a violation if they said they were fine with the information being shared.

2. Only reason to not share that information upon a patient inquiring, seems to me, is that you are not vaccinated.

Appointment cancelled.

Of course they wear masks, etc. But they can do better than this, IMO.

Pops, It should not be your job to coddle babies. You should not feel bad that you are standing up for your rights and the health and safety of you and your wife (and other family members since you still have a chance of carrying and passing 8t on).

If your wife's best friend is embarrassed then she knows why she should be. Tell her to get the vax, and deny the vag. Her husband will get on board or he can skip the dinner.

Pops, if this is really your wife's best friend, I would have her reach out to her best friend. Let her know you are still avoiding intimate settings where not everyone is vaccinated. Ask how the other wife would like for you to communicate that to the inviting couple. Put it on the other couple to tell you how they want you to proceed given the boundaries you are stating.
I would be truthful with everyone. I think the only way you come out wrong in any of this is if you are deceptive. But, again, let the unvaccinated decide how they want you to proceed, recognizing you aren't going to lie to anyone. If they can't offer something reasonable, they aren't good friends to have.
That is my perspective.

Back