• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Wait. I am TOTALLY pro vaccine and recently received my third Moderna, booster shot. I also have no problem throwing on a mask here in Aiken if the establishment asks me as some do.
BUT....I do NOT wear a mask in Costco, Publix or Loews or any establishment that does not require it. Nor do I feel I have to.
I was recently up in Charlotte and noticed mask requirements much more prevalent. Is NC just stricter than SC?
I def feel ok with what I do but obviously I might be like that "old white guy" you guys are burying......though I wouldn't be caught dead with a Patriot jersey on.
Was in Kiwah this past weekend and most signs said please wear a mask, if you are NOT vaccinated. Headed to Myrtle next week and expect the same.

Regulations are probably stricter in NC than SC. Fog Horn Leg Horn is the governor afterall. Even if they are not, when I was in Home Depot off Whiskey Rd last fall several people did not wear their masks despite clear signs saying they are required. When I asked an employee about how they enforce it, they said they didn't bc they didn't want to risk their personal safety in a physical altercation. I have no doubt people are even less likely to wear masks now that vaccines are prevalent. I guess I'll see first hand when I am in Aiken and Columbia in November.

Screw you. My business is my business. If I want to demand vaccines, my workers can vote with their feet.

Regulations are probably stricter in NC than SC. Fog Horn Leg Horn is the governor afterall. Even if they are not, when I was in Home Depot off Whiskey Rd last fall several people did not wear their masks despite clear signs saying they are required. When I asked an employee about how they enforce it, they said they didn't bc they didn't want to risk their personal safety in a physical altercation. I have no doubt people are even less likely to wear masks now that vaccines are prevalent. I guess I'll see first hand when I am in Aiken and Columbia in November.

I hear you but as you know last fall is very different than this fall. I saw quite a few people not wearing masks pre vaccinations as well. But when you come to Aiken in November you won’t be seeing “masks required” at the Home Depot and any box stores in the area. And about 30% of the people wearing masks inside.

I hear you but as you know last fall is very different than this fall. I saw quite a few people not wearing masks pre vaccinations as well. But when you come to Aiken in November you won’t be seeing “masks required” at the Home Depot and any box stores in the area. And about 30% of the people wearing masks inside.

No doubts.

You can't fix stupid.

From David Leonhardt of the NYT - the age skew in England:

FBf08FhXsAQ28lq

His thread is worth a read, as usual

FDA Vaccine Advisory Committee favored Moderna booster shots for over 65 and vulnerable people.

are there any organizations/agencies/whatever that have vaccine mandates BUT allow for some evidence of natural immunity in lieu of vaccination, presumably via antibody test?

There is concern among Florida public health experts that our old friend Joe is going to revoke school vaccine mandates for measles, mumps, etc.

Back