• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Oh yeah!
Now I have you with me, under my power
Our love grows stronger now with every hour
Look into my eyes, you will see who i am
My name is lucifer, please take my hand

91361.gif

My daughter's school is hosting a vaccine clinic for kids 5-12 and their immediate family members on Saturday. It will be interesting to see the turnout.

Yesterday morning were only a few CVS locations in our area with appointments available for Sunday.

I had been holding off on booster to maximize time between 2nd and 3rd doses, but with children eligible Sunday, got mine scheduled for tomorrow.

My 9 year old got his vaccine today. He said it was less than a tiny pinch and he didn't even feel the needle come out. He was tired when he got home probably because the vaccine was part of several hours getting brunch and running errands with my wife. A friend came over and they played video games and he's got his usual amount of energy tonight.

Republicans are big mad that Big Bird got vaccinated.
https://www.newsweek.com/big-bird-c...ws-backlash-republicans-conservatives-1646804

Their seemingly innocuous pro-vaccination tweets quickly sparked a surreal yet predictable culture war on social media, with Big Bird receiving the brunt of Republicans' ire.

"Government propaganda...for your 5 year old!" Cruz responded.

Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers, a pro-Trump Republican, tweeted, "Big Bird is a communist."

Tennessee Republican congressional candidate Robby Starbuck suggested that Big Bird could die from the vaccine. "*7 days later* Big blood clot Bird is served!" he tweeted.
As liberals praised the show for promoting the vaccine, other conservative personalities joined in on the attacks against the children's television characters.
Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe accused Big Bird of "brainwashing children who are not at risk from COVID," calling it "twisted."

And then there’s crap like this going around:

2c69d609ec48d1d44825eb2013441b83.jpg

Plenty of people explained that Aaron Rodgers is way more famous that Ruggs and Ruggs will do time and there’s no controversy. They’re just looking for something to be mad about.

Like 70 times more covid deaths than drunk driving deaths a year, so the Rodgers story should be talked about 70 times more, it’s just the numbers.

Back