• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

“Judicial activism” isn’t a synonym for “I don’t like the result” either.

Remind me again how long "compassionate conservatives" have been trying to change the row v wade settled law again?

Only progressives would claim a judicial decision whose outcome they disagree with is “corrupt.” What is “corrupt” about it?

How dare you question Josh Marshall's opinion of Talking Point Memo. Do you have no shame, sir???

But you have been around these parts long enough to realize anything the left doesn't approve of is automatically corrupt, a threat to democracy, fascist, sexist, racist and white supremacist.

It's science.

What the hell? Not only can covid make you very sick, apparently it also emasculates you.

Last edited:
RNSU3PDKIFARHO7LFALKC3P6IM.jpg

so it seems like NBA and NFL teams are getting wrecked by Covid lately. is this waning immunity, Omicron, or just more fakes like Antonio Brown?

Supposedly it’s related to community spread as they claim they sequence the infections to determine origin, within facility/ between players, etc… im dubious they are actually doing that all the time but with that said I think it is directly tied to community spread. There is seasonality, Case rates are still really high from delta, omicron will increase them, some waning immunity but more tied to testing. This is a case of if you test you will find, Trump style. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but that’s probably why.

so it seems like NBA and NFL teams are getting wrecked by Covid lately. is this waning immunity, Omicron, or just more fakes like Antonio Brown?

It is just because they are dumb enough to keep testing for it. Of course, none of the players who test positive are actually sick and obviously none have died. Get rid of the protocols and let it ride. That was supposed to be the point of the vaccine but apparently has been forgotten.

Supposedly it’s related to community spread as they claim they sequence the infections to determine origin, within facility/ between players, etc… im dubious they are actually doing that all the time but with that said I think it is directly tied to community spread. There is seasonality, Case rates are still really high from delta, omicron will increase them, some waning immunity but more tied to testing. This is a case of if you test you will find, Trump style. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but that’s probably why.

I was listening to this week’s In the Bubble by Andy Slavitt. He had an evolutionary biologist who said that due to the rapid mutation of SARS-Cov-2 can be easily tracked from person to person.

Like you said, assuming they’re actually doing that all of the time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do with professional athletes.

The NY and UK numbers happening now are nuts, which seems to coincide with just how many athletes are getting it. Cases in LA went from 1,000 to 2,000 the next day to 3,000 the follow day. Also seeing numbers where the test positivity % is doubling in 2 days.

The NY and UK numbers happening now are nuts, which seems to coincide with just how many athletes are getting it. Cases in LA went from 1,000 to 2,000 the next day to 3,000 the follow day. Also seeing numbers where the test positivity % is doubling in 2 days.

I just arrived in NY today! Hooray!

Back