• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I do feel like the biggest fail of this pandemic is that there are literally new pictures/videos on the news. We're a people and society that reacts strongest to videos (see George Floyd). When there's no video, we largely just ignore it. I'd have to think tons of videos of overran hospitals earlier in the pandemic would have resulted in a lot more vaccinations.

Interesting perspective. I hadn’t thought of that, but I’m sure you’re right. There are two reasons you can’t do videos. First, HIPAA and patient privacy. Second, we can’t let anyone extra in the hospital, not even family members, because we are trying to prevent spread.

The videos would show: regular floors with closed doors and biohazard signs and ICUs with people intubated and staff walking around with PPE on. Perhaps the most compelling video would be ERs, with lots of people in the waiting rooms and people on stretchers in the hallways because all the rooms are full.

I’ve thought for a while that hospitals should make census data public. For example, we currently have 105 people admitted with COVID (98 unvaccinated and 7 vaccinated).

I do feel like the biggest fail of this pandemic is that there are literally new pictures/videos on the news. We're a people and society that reacts strongest to videos (see George Floyd). When there's no video, we largely just ignore it. I'd have to think tons of videos of overran hospitals earlier in the pandemic would have resulted in a lot more vaccinations.

To me, it's unfortunate that most of the pictures we see related to vaccination show the syringe and needle (scary to many). I'd rather they show happy faces of people who were just vaccinated.

Covid just doesn't offer the same visuals of someone dying from Ebola with blood coming out of their eyeballs.

To me, it's unfortunate that most of the pictures we see related to vaccination show the syringe and needle (scary to many). I'd rather they show happy faces of people who were just vaccinated.

Good point.

Covid just doesn't offer the same visuals of someone dying from Ebola with blood coming out of their eyeballs.

Oh, COVID death is pretty nasty. Amputated limbs, hooked up to ECMO, etc.

I'm still laughing about the lady who asked if she could buy an ECMO machine for her home as an alternative to getting vaccinated

That’s about as stupidly ridiculous as can be.

Almost as "stupidly ridiculous" as campaigning on a federal/national solution to defeat COVID and telling state governors to "get out of his way" only to pull a 180 on his way to his beach house:

FHpCH7YX0AYDo1B

and yet that's .00000000000000000000001% as stupidly ridiculous as you brad

Marjorie Taylor Greene tried to defend Trump on Twitter ("I have President Trump's permission to tell you all that he is 100% AGAINST the mandates, but he still encourages everyone to get the vaccine and booster") but the replies from cult members did not go well.

"Ask Trump about all the vax injuries and deaths. If he says there aren't any he is lying. 34,615 people are now permanently disabled after taking the mRNA shots. Source: Vaers"

"People are being severely damaged and even dying from the poison vaccines. Trump denied it. Trump is a liar. Promoting these genetically damaging vaccines makes him a criminal accessory. Trump is a sleazy Deep State con artist who has betrayed the American people."

As I posted earlier, Trumpism has taken on a life of its own, and it will be around even after Dear Leader himself leaves the stage. The GOP opened a Pandora's Box when they nominated and elected him. They were moving in that direction already, but Trump's election just seemed to lead all of these people to proudly crawl out from under their rocks.

Last edited:
Colonel posts disinformation.
Milhouse calls him out.
Colonel calls him Goebbels.

The lack of self awareness here is mind-blowing.

This is also true for our military misadventures. Show every flag-draped coffin as the top story on every news channel. I believe it was GOP/Bush/Cheney who banned coverage during their idiotic Afghanistan/Iraq money grab.

“The change in death rates among groups is starker by race and ethnicity, and the death rate has risen particularly sharply for middle-aged white people. Covid-19 now accounts for a much larger share of all deaths for that group than it did before vaccines were widely available.

Some of the shift could be attributed to the lagging vaccination rates among white people overall. White people were vaccinated at a higher rate than Black and Hispanic people in the early months of the vaccination campaign — in part because people of color faced more obstacles to vaccine access.

In recent months, however, data from the C.D.C. shows that the vaccination gap has narrowed. White people are now less likely than Asians and Hispanics to be vaccinated, though somewhat more likely than Black people, and their death rates have risen in all but the oldest age groups.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/12/28/us/covid-deaths.html

Back