Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    If the negative side effects were just one in a million event, would it stop you from getting the vaccine?
    Depends on the side effect. if I had a one in a million shot of turning me into a Democrat, Iíd pass
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    Depends on the side effect. It would if I had a one in a million shot of turning me into a Democrat, Iíd pass
    Look what it did to Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    The main reason to wait and not be in the first few million is identification of rare side effects. "One-in-a-million" side effects may not be seen in a group of 15,000 people who received the vaccine in the phase 3 trial. Its the math.

ETA:
    It is correct that significant changes would require another whole set of trials.
    Ok, so, just for example, if I have a history of chemo-therapy which had, likely, short term but massive effects on my immune system, it may not be a bad idea to wait 6 months and see if any undetected side effects emerge for former cancer patients after 10 million doses have been administered.
    Birds are real.

If the negative side effects were just one in a million event, would it stop you from getting the vaccine?
    Presumably after 10 or more million doses, some pattern might emerge as to what causes the 1/1000000 adverse reaction.
    Birds are real.

Nope. Id be right there providing i can read the trial findings myself first.

Thanks, Republicans.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    To be fair, they were already filled with anger and hatred. Thatís why theyíre Republicans who thought COVID was a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    To be fair, they were already filled with anger and hatred. Thatís why theyíre Republicans who thought COVID was a hoax.
    They were more afraid of losing an election than potentially losing their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    but you know Democrats need to do a better job of messaging and reflecting on why they can't win a mandate

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Ok, so, just for example, if I have a history of chemo-therapy which had, likely, short term but massive effects on my immune system, it may not be a bad idea to wait 6 months and see if any undetected side effects emerge for former cancer patients after 10 million doses have been administered.
    If anything, I'd argue that history is more reason to prioritize your getting the vaccine sooner. If there is any residual deficit in your immune function, you are higher risks for COVID complications.
    You've survived cancer and riding the backroads of Eastern North Carolina with Dr. Anderson. Don't die of COVID.
    Letís get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    Depends on the side effect. if I had a one in a million shot of turning me into a Democrat, Iíd pass
    Ha; well said. Barring that, I intend to be one of the first in line.
    As far as I'm concerned, I'll take the Pfizer in the left arm and the Moderna in the right.
    Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    there is still a long time for Trump to play golf and ignore his responsibilities...it's going to get very much worse before Biden gets in the WH.

Pfizer/BioNTech says they should submit an application to the FDA for approval within days.

"Among 170 cases of covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, in the Pfizer trial, 162 were in the placebo group and eight were in the vaccine group. There were 10 cases of severe illness in the trial, nine of which were in the placebo group and one in the vaccine group. Those findings provided an unmistakable signal that the vaccine was providing protection against the virus."

The trial has 44,000 people so far.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...covid-vaccine/

Kudos to Pfizer, hopefully their vaccine will give society some necessary peace of mind. At the same time, from their study, out of the 22,000 people who got a placebo, 9 got a severe illness, whatever that means. So whatever.

Rusty Larue
    It means people got sick for reasons unrelated to the trial.

Yeah. This vaccine is just for peace of mind. People arenít getting real disease that can overwhelm our hospitals if left unchecked.
    Letís get this done!

Lot of time and money to waste on something that's no worse than the flu.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    Lot of time and money to waste on something that's no worse than the flu.
    MILKWICH!!!!

To think that that poster lost his life due to his hubris is very sad.