• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Being this wrong this often is progressivism in a nutshell. I get the point of this space for you guys, and it's not about thinking things through. You need your priors confirmed and to polish each other's armor of false virtue, but watching you all completely miss the point of conservatism on a daily basis is stunning, no matter how many times I've seen it.

As a conservative, I want other people to do well. I want that because it helps them, society as a whole and if was acting only out of self interest, it actually serves me and my interests better than any other outcome. I want to reduce government dependency because I want people to succeed. Nothing about other people struggling advances a goal of mine in any way, shape or form. The opposite, actually. I view government dependency as a bad thing, unworthy of my own choices, I won't force it on others. I don't want it for me, and I shouldn't want it for them either.

I believe you 100% when you say you want people to succeed. No doubt about it.

Unfortunately, you subscribe to horribly and demonstrably failed methodologies to achieve it. And you apply the term "government dependency" selectively - saved for the poor and working class and disabled - willfully ignoring the MIC and swaths of private corporations that are on the dole and lining the pockets of a small number of American titans who pay shit wages and rely on gov assistance programs to close the financial gaps for their employees.

I believe you want people to succeed, but you lie to yourself about a lot of shit to get you to "its the government's fault they are poor "

[h=1]Florida health official placed on leave after encouraging employees to get vaccinated[/h]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/19/florida-raul-pino-vaccinated-leave-desantis/

The Florida Department of Health on Tuesday placed a top official on administrative leave after he allegedly encouraged employees to get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Raul Pino, director of the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, sent an email to employees earlier this month that was critical of the agency’s vaccination rate. Pino, a leading figure in the public response to the pandemic in the Orlando area, noted that only 77 of the 568 staffers had received booster shots and 219 employees had gotten two doses of coronavirus vaccines, according to WFTV, which first reported the story.

“I am sorry but in the absence of reasonable and real reasons it is irresponsible not to be vaccinated,” he wrote on Jan. 4. “We have been at this for two years, we were the first to give vaccines to the masses, we have done more than 300,000 and we are not even at 50 percent, pathetic,” he wrote, apparently referring to the 219 employees who have had two vaccine doses and not those who have also had boosters.

He added: “I have a hard time understanding how we can be in public health and not practice it.”

“As the decision to get vaccinated is a personal medical choice that should be made free from coercion and mandates from employers, the employee in question has been placed on administrative leave, and the Florida Department of Health is conducting an inquiry to determine if any laws were broken in this case,” Khoury said in a statement. “The Department is committed to upholding all laws, including the ban on vaccine mandates for government employees and will take appropriate action once additional information is known.”

I believe you 100% when you say you want people to succeed. No doubt about it.

Unfortunately, you subscribe to horribly and demonstrably failed methodologies to achieve it. And you apply the term "government dependency" selectively - saved for the poor and working class and disabled - willfully ignoring the MIC and swaths of private corporations that are on the dole and lining the pockets of a small number of American titans who pay shit wages and rely on gov assistance programs to close the financial gaps for their employees.

I believe you want people to succeed, but you lie to yourself about a lot of shit to get you to "its the government's fault they are poor "

We've agreed to disagree about this in the past. I respect the process you have undergone to reach a conclusion that I disagree with. I don't dispute that you are correct that there is a abuse of Uncle Sugar's checkbook at nearly every level (further proof of my baseline position, that trust is earned and they haven't earned it). For sake of argument, let's say you are 100% right and millions of dollars is siphoned off every day at the middle and upper class levels that is entirely unearned. If true, how does the presence (or absence) change the fate of someone still in poverty?

I think this dispute hinges on different approaches to poverty: Pubs see Dems as wanting to make being poor easier, whereas Pubs are looking for solutions that make poverty less permanent. To my way of thinking, the fastest way out of poverty is through the marketplace. I recognize that many will try, some of those will fail (in many cases, through no fault of their own), and I know we both agree that some will not try at all (you've said as much; and if so, it is what it is). I'm a "Yes, but we should still try" guy. One way to avoid trying is by creating a labyrinth of benefits that you lose if you try (thus my hope that we will smooth out the benefit cliffs). If we give things, we should do so generously but in the form of refundable tax credits, rather than so-called entitlements, since I think those revert to making poverty "easier" (and thus, more permanent).

Hahahahahaha - Looks like the good doctor fell for YET another one hook, line, and sinker.

Directly from the WaPo article:

FJem1ljXwAgmyQm

I’ve no idea from anything reported here if he inappropriately accessed confidential information.

But his opinion of the low vaccination rate seems about right.

I literally posted this five posts above yours.

Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates. We do not know if he was vaccinated.

Great singer…sounds like not so great at understanding the pandemic and public health policy…

RIP

If this shit happens when I'm finally heading over to ascotland (after cancellations 2 summers in a row) I will duct tape the offender to his seat and superglue a mask on his face.

What if it’s a woman who’s keeping you from your fancy neckwear?

Back