• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Reportedly there is a >99% vaccination rate among the student body and students were required to get a booster to return to campus this semester. A Covid outbreak is far more likely to come from playing FSU this weekend, where vaccine requirements are prohibited by the governor, than they are from Wake students.

Yea but we have seen outbreaks within fully vaxxed communities all the time now.

Yea but we have seen outbreaks within fully vaxxed communities all the time now.

and James Taylor has seen sunny days he thought would never end - *anecdotes* scientific consensus is that masks and vaccines work at preventing the spread of COVID

I believe someone posted here some time ago that it was inevitable that anti-vaxxers would eventually start trying to overturn all vaccine mandates, not just covid. Looks like some in the GA legislature are taking the leap. Iron lungs for the win!

Republicans are so helpful.

I believe someone posted here some time ago that it was inevitable that anti-vaxxers would eventually start trying to overturn all vaccine mandates, not just covid. Looks like some in the GA legislature are taking the leap. Iron lungs for the win!

Yet one of our jeniuns Republican posters tried to claim that Democrats wanted to prolong the pandemic. Here we have Republicans wanting to add polio, measles, and chicken pox outbreaks to the mix.

Yet one of our jeniuns Republican posters tried to claim that Democrats wanted to prolong the pandemic. Here we have Republicans wanting to add polio, measles, and chicken pox outbreaks to the mix.

Also Diphtheria and whooping cough. Wonder how they will feel while watching grandkids suffer and quite possibly die from those.

A year from now sailor and anus will be blaming biden for bringing polio back to Georgia and eventually 'Merica. MAP(olio)P(ositive)A

The Biden Administration is withdrawing OSHA's unlawful ETS. If I'm understanding the article correctly, it is not, however, withdrawing the ETS as a proposed traditional permanent standard, which will involve notice and comment rulemaking and, likely, a public hearing, before going into effect.

If that's right, I'm not sure why the Administration thinks the major question doctrine problem that existed in the ETS context won't also be present in the context of a traditional permanent standards--considering the major questions doctrine holding had nothing to do with the emergency temporary nature of the standard--but that appears to be the plan anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics/vaccine-mandate-osha-withdrawn/index.html

grave-skeleton.gif

Get your fancy reading and book learning outta here. Vaccines bad, stuff desantis says good.

It's crazy how vaccine skeptics mock the vaccines declining effectiveness against new variants, but tout monoclonal antibodies that were created in response to the same older variants of the virus that the vaccine was.

Get your fancy reading and book learning outta here. Vaccines bad, stuff desantis says good.

I like how the DeSantis tweet says "without a shred of clinical data to support its decision", yet in their statements Regeneron says that "it does not work against the Omicron variant in lab tests" and Lilly states that "Evaluation of both pseudovirus and authentic virus confirm that they are not effective at treating the currently predominant Omicron variant."

You can't expect snake oil salesmen to actually support their claims.

Last edited:

So the Delta variant has now been completely eradicated? Congrats to the Biden administration!!!

They finally pulled it off 15 months later after promising to 'shut down' Covid prior to the 2020 election!

and James Taylor has seen sunny days he thought would never end - *anecdotes* scientific consensus is that masks and vaccines work at preventing the spread of COVID

Do vaccines work at preventing the spread? Look at Israel, they are quadruple vaxxed and reporting a quarter million cases a day. I think at best you can say they maybe marginally slow the rate of transmission but not to any effective rate to prevent exponential case numbers.

Yes, it reduce transmission by like 50%. Also Israel is really good at getting the people that want to be vaccinated all the vaccines they want, hence there vaccination rate and booster rate is almost 1 to 1, there overall vaccination rate is not that much better than the US, still in the 60 percent range. Idiocracy knows no borders

Back